• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax is Dead

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic.

That was part of what was supposed to be the new Ravenloft line.

Ari, does that mean the entire line of new Ravenloft novels has folded also? I was hoping it'd be thought of as a D&D-brand novel, and thus kept alive, but this sounds disturbingly like the entire Ravenloft: Dominion line of novels has been axed.

Roland55

First Post
Looks like there's a pretty major shake-up going on over in Renton.

Frankly, I'm far less bothered (or personally impacted) by this aspect of WotC's recent efforts at refocusing than I am by their change in novel publication policies: http://ww2.wizards.com/books/Wizards/default.aspx?doc=main_discoveries07252008&=RSS-BOOKS

Seeing as how this means I've had not one, but two novels yanked from the publication schedule. :( And I know I'm far from the only one.

...and now, watch for changes in key staff.

This does not look good. :-S

Ari, does that mean the entire line of new Ravenloft novels has folded also? I was hoping it'd be thought of as a D&D-brand novel, and thus kept alive, but this sounds disturbingly like the entire Ravenloft: Dominion line of novels has been axed.

Unfortunately, while I can't speak with 100% surety for each specific novel--it's possible that some of them might see publication during the '08 schedule--I'm pretty sure that yes, the line in general is one of the casualties of the reforcus.

Around this past Christmas, I started haunting ENWorld instead of Gleemax. By that point, Gleemax was at its most unnavigable.

This is when I realized that, as a social networking site for gamers, Gleemax was competing with ENWorld. (Admittedly ENWorld has a narrower focus than Gleemax aimed for.) However, ENWorld has evolved naturally into the thriving community it is today; Gleemax was an artificial attempt.

Gleemax promised a lot, and it might've been great had it been completed, but it was obviously too daunting a project for even WotC's resources. I'm glad it's gone, (for now), if it means DDI will rock that much harder!

Waldorf

First Post
Gleemax remains the dumbest name I have heard for anything in the last few years. Its collapse does not bode well for the company. I suspect 4e is not too far behind.

Remove ads