Pathfinder 1E GM help: looking for a certain type of monster

PnPgamer

Explorer
Have it be a rival - the first one's sister, or similar. And you can drop hints about the first one in its dialogue. Then, later on, you can re-introduce the first one as an adversary to the adversary. It's often fun to show the PCs that they aren't the only ones with an agenda.
at first i was like nah at this idea, but the more i think on it the more I like it.
like two rakshasas (Rakshasi?) who just for the fun of it manipulate or replace leaders and make each attack each other with troops and see who wins. and this has happened multiple times over the centuries with rakshasa's rebirth and multiple lifespans. Feeling like they play chess, but with people.

nevin

Hero
the idea remnds me a little of a game I ran long ago in FR where Players in Hell and the Abyss were working against each other. I had so much fun with things like the thief calling on any god for help and a devil showed up made the deal and then told him if the paladin died he died. (because the paladin was directly working against the abyss's agenda) It was a fun game but for a long time they couldn't figure out which way was up .

Remove ads