GNOgaming editable PDF character sheets

gnogamer

First Post
This forum was passed along to our team at www.gnogaming.com and I thought I would take this opportunity to offer up another addition to the works of some other great character sheet creators.

Most of us have been regular D&D players and DMs for nearly 20 years. Our first gaming experiences began with the original Dungeons and Dragons (basic) and has continued through every stage to the present. The original design for the character sheets on gnogaming.com began in 3.5, but were easily adapted to 4th edition. The 3.5 versions will be added to the site in September.

Our team at gnogaming.com is working on developing our own world, Ara. It has come a long way, but may be awhile yet before it is ready to be published. We did not want people to wait for everything to hit at once and therefore decided to release the character sheets and a few other sheets we felt were handy to both players and DMs.

Please visit our site and any comments, suggestions, or requests can be sent to the contact email at the bottom of the character files and DM files pages. Please enjoy these sheets and I hope they can benefit many of you.

-The GNOgamers
www.gnogaming.com

Syrsuro

First Post
Minor issue with your character sheet (which otherise looks good): You refer to the defenses as saving throws which is incorrect by 4E and can lead to confusion.

Carl

Syrsuro

First Post
NP. As I said, it looks good. Of course, it suffers from the same problem every other character sheet made since 3.0 has suffered from: TMI.

No matter how well designed 'modern' character sheets are, it's always a pain to find the information you want among all the information you don't need at the table.

For example: Rather than an AC field that looks like:

[AC] = 10 + [1/2 Level] + [Abil] + [Class] +[Feat] + [Enh] + [Misc]

I would rather just have a box that has my AC in it. All the rest of that should go on a second/last page to be referred to if necessary, but not visible on the main character sheet. Likewise for attacks, initiative, other defenses, etc.

I would rather see the actual numbers I need be on the front page, readily visible when I need to know them and the math behind those numbers buried somewhere else where it can be referred to if necessary but where it won't actually clutter up the page. (And with 4E no longer applying stat point modifiers this approach makes even more sense).

But this thread isn't really about the merits of different designs for character sheets, its about your web page and project, so I'll shut up now.

Carl

gnogamer

First Post
You make a terrific point and there is certainly a place for this type of character sheet for a number of gamers. This particular type (info heavy) is the kind I like and therefore was the first one created. A stat block has been a staple creation for many of the excel spreadsheet character sheets and has a great following as well. I personally found them too difficult to maneuver for quick changes, but others on our team prefer the spreadsheet every given day. There will never be a character sheet that makes everyone happy and I am only trying to offer sheets that allow for a great deal of customization such as house rules and world or game changes.

All input is appreciated, and if our character sheet is not for you I certainly hope you find one or are able to create one that fits your specific tastes. If you do please share it so other can have the option to use it as well. Thanks again.

-The GNOgamers
www.gnogaming.com

Irda Ranger

First Post
This particular type (info heavy) is the kind I like and therefore was the first one created ... There will never be a character sheet that makes everyone happy ...
Just a simple suggestion. I have asked several character sheet makers if this was possible, and they all said yes, but no one's done it. Sadly I lack the skills to do this myself.

Have your first sheet just the way it is. Have a page 2 (or 5, whatever) that is the "stat block" version of the character sheet which is auto-filled from the "info heavy" page. That way someone can use the info heavy page to generate the character but just print the stat block page only if that's their preference.

gnogamer

First Post
Irda Ranger,
I am actually in the process of working this one through. Another person here made a similar request and that got me started on the "how too". I am about 25% complete and expect it to be complete, at the latest, by the end of September (I am planning on getting it done sooner, but don't want to make any promises that I can't keep). There are some other projects that have my focus currently. If you send your suggestion to gnogaming help (the email contact at the bottom of the Character Files page or DM Files, then I could notify you as soon as it is complete. I will also post a message here, so check back and you will see when it becomes available. Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully it will be a reality soon.

AstroCat

Adventurer
Really like the sheet, best one yet I think! :)
One request though, a place to show your ability mod + 1/2 your level since that comes up a lot more often than just your straight ability mod.

Thanks!

gnogamer

First Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Since the release a lot of things that seemed less important are becoming more relevant as we go along. This is one of them. I have been toying with this as well and should have an update using the ability mod + half level combination. I will let you know when this is completed and updated. Thanks again, especially for the wonderful compliment.

Remove ads