Gnomes and Paladins the RPG

Zardnaar

Legend
As some of you know I have been working on my personal D&D that might be a bit more modular than 5E. I can cut out sections of it to duplicate various editions. One spinoff I think could be Gnomes and Paladins. Classes, races and weapons are determined randomly.

Race (1d4)
1. Gnome
2. Gnome
3. Gnome
4. Gnome

Class (1d6)
1. Paladin
2. Paladin
3. Paladin
4. Paladin
5. Paladin
6. Paladin

Weapons (1d3)
1. Rapiers
2. Rapiers
3. Rapiers

The idea is Gnomes vs Kobolds. Everything in the MM is refluffed as a Kobold, for example an ancient red Dragon is a very big kobold that flies and breathes fire. There is a Sword of the Sun- a rapier that is a holy avenger. AD&D holy avenger, +5 weapon, +10 damage vs evil aligned beings.

Paladins
Alignment: The Paladin must be Lawful Good
Hit Dice: d10
Skills: 4
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Paladin is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, light, and medium) and shields (including tower shields).

LevelXPProficiency
Bonus
FortRefWillSpecial
10+2+4+3+2Bonus Feat, Divine Smite, Lay on Hands,
22250+2+4+3+2Divine Aura, Fighting Style, Spells
34500+2+4+3+2Channel Divinity
49000+2+4+3+2Bonus Feat
518000+3+5+4+3Extra attack (2)

Thinking of doing a kickstarter. Rather than over promise and under deliver I am going to under promise and not deliver. The goal is to raise $10. Here is what you get for your contribution.

$1. Nothing
$5. I'll buy a beer and drink it for you.
$10 I'll buy a jug of beer and drink it for you.
$100. I might email you a photo of myself drinking beer with the kickstarter money,. If I remember, and are not to drunk and if I can be bothered. No guarantees though.

You can request what beer I drink from the following. IPA, APA, Pilsner. I might listen no guarantees.

RPG is dedicated to lowkey 13.

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
What is the site for the kickstarter campaign? I might actually donate to this one, but can't swing more than $1. I know that would only get you 10% of the way to your goal, but it might encourage others to contribute.

G

Guest 6801328

Finally a Zaardnar thread worth reading!

But couldn't you simply abbreviate "proficient with all simple and martial weapons" to "proficient with rapier"?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Equipment
(a) a rapier and a shield or (b) two rapiers
(a) five rapiers
(a) a Priest's Pack or (b) an Explorer's Pack
Chain mail and a rapier

Iry

Hero
Fighting Styles
Swishy - Automatically deal 2 slashing damage to any target in melee range if you flourish your weapon.
Swoopy - Once per turn, Move 10' without provoking an attack of opportunity after flourishing your cape.
Shorty - You count as Small or Medium, whichever is most advantageous at any given moment. Including seduction.
Sparkly - You can innately cast Shield once per combat if you polish and shine your weapon/armor beforehand.

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
archetype:
Oath of Penchants
You are in the habit of doing things, all kinds of things, and you do them all the time; you are really good at the things you do all the time, the best.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Fighting Styles
Swishy - Automatically deal 2 slashing damage to any target in melee range if you flourish your weapon.
Swoopy - Once per turn, Move 10' without provoking an attack of opportunity after flourishing your cape.
Shorty - You count as Small or Medium, whichever is most advantageous at any given moment. Including seduction.
Sparkly - You can innately cast Shield once per combat if you polish and shine your weapon/armor beforehand.

This proves Gnomes are distant cousins to Dwarves: Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and so on.

Oooh. And you should not forget the Gnome trait: Speak with Small Rapiers.

Speak with Small Rapiers
Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with small or smaller rapiers. Gnomes love rapiers and often keep rapiers, rapiers, rapiers, rapiers, rapiers and other rapiers as beloved weapons.

Oofta

Legend
Does contributing non-monetary but inspirational artwork at least get me a half-hearted "cheers" the next time you drink a beer?
Dual Rapier Gnome With Owl Holy Symbol and Aura.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases