Godbound and Issues with same.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I think I may have posted a version of this a long time ago, but never got any response, so I thought I'd take a second shot.

I've occasionally thought about running some of Crawford's Godbound. I've heard there's some issues with Effort, where most combats turn into "whoever runs out of Effort first loses". Given Ive seen that dynamic in other games (the old Mayfair DC game comes to mind), it doesn't seem implausible. Are there any other issues someone should be aware of if trying to run the game.

(As an aside, I'm doing this here rather than the Godbound Discord because I've observed that in places dedicated to a given game system there's a strong tendency for people to greet outsiders producing even quasi-critical posts as, well, invaders and respond accordingly, which they wouldn't greet one of those own asking.)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
There is a lot of copy and paste going on in power descriptions. A lot of powers are basically just pallette swaps of other powers. That was a disappointment for our group.

Thomas Shey

Legend
There is a lot of copy and paste going on in power descriptions. A lot of powers are basically just pallette swaps of other powers. That was a disappointment for our group.

I decided this deserved a bit more than just a thumbs up, but thanks, that's something I probably wouldn't have picked up from casual reads.

Remove ads