D&D 5E Godly blessings/boons

Creed2347

Villager
I'm thinking about creating an adventure or campaign the involves gaining a blessing or boon of a god/goddess and traversing fraxonous as a dungeon crawler adventurer type play and run into strange and off the wall kind of stuff like a hireling stealing stuff to sell on the side. Or another adventuring group stealing kills at the last second to get the loot or ambushing the party to take their stuff. You know the usual inconveniences.

Now here's my problem, what gods/goddesses should I use and what should the PC gain from each. (I was thinking Roman gods but any will do.)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The Indiana Jones movies should be right up your alley.

The boon might be Expertise in one skill of your choice. Or a Tool set.
Or double-proficiency on attack rolls with one type of weapon (because now you are become the Dread Pirate Roberts).

A 4e feat I've seen people have fun with is Righteous Rage of Tempus - once per encounter: if you hit with an attack, you can declare it a crit; if you crit naturally you automatically do max damage.

The god sees to it that you will never want for material things again: he reveals knowledge of the location of a legendary treasure. Because the gods are fickle, he doesn't reveal anything about the dragon (or whatever) that got there first.

Remove ads