Pathfinder 1E Going for a Natural Weapon Build (PFS legal)

Keldin

First Post
So, I already posted on facebook about this, but I figure asking here might get me even more interesting responses.

I'm working on a Pathfinder Society-legal natural weapon build. The character in question already has six attacks: a gore, a bite, two claws, and two hooves. So I'm looking for things to increase the number of attacks, the power of the attacks, or add effects. The character is a ragebred skinwalker (which is where the gore and hooves come from), so cannot use claw blades (as those are restricted to catfolk). The bite comes from adopted (half-orc)->tusked, and the claw attacks come from the Slayer talent Ranger Combat Style Aspect of the Beast. I've had recommendations of the Tusk Blades from Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, though, funnily enough, those effect gore attacks instead of the bite that comes from the Tusked trait, and, of course, I already know about the Amulet of Mighty Fists.

So, have at it?

ElterAgo

Explorer
Unfortunately, unless they have recently ruled otherwise, Adopted doesn't give you access to Toothy.

Adopted gives you a Race trait. So with Adopted Half-Orc you could take the Almost Human or Amazingly Ugly as one of your two chosen traits.

It does not give you Alternate Racial traits. The Alternate Racial traits are a different mechanic where you switch out one feature of your race for another. You don't have the half-orc features to switch out. This actually makes more sense than a lot of the other rules. Being raised by a particular clan of half-orcs isn't going to change your biology and make your teeth grow longer. So no Toothy.

This is another case where they used names of things that are too stupidly similar and cause confusion. There were a bunch of people in our area that were trying to give drow 120' darkvision to their humans with the adopted trait.

There is a bloodrager bloodline that can give you a bite attack while raging.

Keldin

First Post
Thanks for the response, but I'm actually aware of how adopted works. I've actually been on your side of this conversation multiple times myself! That said, I wasn't talking about the alternate racial trait toothy, but the Orc/Half-Orc race trait Tusked, from Orcs of Golarion. I wouldn't have even used that if not for the fact the character in question is wereboar-kin, and tusks are very much 'in,' biologically-speaking, for someone with significant wereboar ancestry. Adopted was just a way to implement it. There are others - the Ring of Rat Fangs or the Pelt of the Beast, one or both of which I may still get for the character (probably the latter at the very least).

Last edited:

Remove ads