Good build for a new group

Dandu

First Post
Just make sure you know the golden rule of psionics: Thou Shalt Not Spend More Power Points Than One's Manifester Level.

marcielle

First Post
I'm really fond of tashalatora gishes. Monk2 and Ardent or Psywar 18 are simple and dependable. With Ardent instead of Psywar, you can take both overchannel and practiced manifester feats to allow you to learn all your awesomer powers early since Ardent learning is tied to manifester level, NOT class level. Tashalatora can be found online in an excerpt so no trouble there.

Variant Bards are better than Vanilla:The Bard's Handbook. If you go bard look around online or ask your friends for the variants.

Artificer: Your group will LOVE you.

Also, warforged ANYTHINGS are always awesome.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, if you go with some kind of martial arcane spellcaster, you may wish to follow the Martial Arcanist Database link in my sig.

hornedturtle

First Post
I ended up making a bard, since she decided on making a blasty sorceress. We didn't roal play really yet so we'll see how long a cleric, sorceress and a bard survive, but hey the people will love us!

Dandu

First Post
Make sure the clerc knows that beating people up is an option.

Also, you can gear a bard towards combat if you put in some work.

marcielle

First Post
The most important thing to remember as a bard is that you need to have a portable music player with you and play procedurally generated music at approprite times. It'll either be epic or hilarious depending on what music you can get your hands on.

marcielle

First Post
I recommend "Girl from Ipanema" as your default.

(Thank you, Deep Rising!)

For D&D? I suppose if theres a party romance or something...

Personally I would sugest something like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ZkxaV7fQQ&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Two Steps from Hell - Undying Love‬‏[/ame]

Remove ads