• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good gaming stores in Philadelphia?

trentonjoe

Explorer
Salad Shooter said:
Ah...bonus...thats really close to me...I was looking for a good store in my area, the nearest hobby store is slowly phasing out there RPG section, I don't think they're buying anything but D&D materials anymore, and thats getting more and more limited.

I'll second this place. It is a little pricey and some of the sales staff are kinda jerks but most of the people that work there are very helpful and nice.

It has a large variety of games as well. Alot of OOP stuff.

Avouz

Explorer
Knightcrawler said:
So couple of friends and I are spending Friday night in Philadelphia on our way to Atlantic City for a bachelor party. Can anyone recommend any good gaming stores. And if anyone could recommend a couple of good restaurants I'd be grateful. Thanks

If you're willing to go a little ways out of town, there is a Complete Strategist in King of Prussia. It's on Shoemaker Rd, right off the semi-main drag of Gulph Rd.

When I lived in Philly, that was my place to shop and I still make a stop there every time I'm in town.

Mallus

Legend
OK, food...

Very expensive...

Morimoto [as in the former Iron Chef Japan] --hard to get reservations for, but possible to cruise into for a late-night snack of sushi. You could easily spend $100+ per person for the full chef's choice tasting meal, but there are cheaper options. Definitely a special-occasion resturant, but really exceptional.

Budakkan --nowhere near as costly as Morimoto. Asian-fusion. Big gold Buddha in the main dining room. Great food.

Cuba Libre --kinda like a frat house in Havana as imagined by Walt Disney. But the food rocks.

All three of these resutrants feature good booze. They also attract big crowds.

Less expensive, and more 'local'...

Beau Monde --French creperie with a small non-crepe menu. Great martinis. More of a romantic joint, but one of the best resturants in the city.

Las Cazuelas [2 locations] --great Mexican food.

Pigalle -- great French place in Northern Liberties

Kissen Tempura Bar -- not super popular, but I like it.

Even cheaper...

Vietnam and Nam Phuong --two great Vietnamese resturants.

Effie's -- tiny Greek place with no liquor license, but terrific Med. cuisine.

Mixto -- Spanish/Cuban place. Giant plates of paella. A good deal.

Standard Tap --some of the finest bar food I've ever had.

Ten Stone [about 3 blocks from my apt.] -- nice new pub with good solid bar food.

Dirt cheap...

Don't know what time you'll get into Philly, but own of the best meals to be had comes from Tony Luke's sandwhich shop. Its more of a roadside stand than resturant, but fantastic Italian sandwhiches. Their pork Italiano w/sharp provolone puts any other Philly sandwhich to shame, including the vaunted Pat's/Geno's cheesesteaks. Slaughters 'em, really.

Ok, I haven't even scratched the surface... do you want seafood places? Steak? Italian?

Remove ads