• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good job, David Noonan!

Ketjak

Malicious GM
An open letter to David Noonan:

David,

I read your Sharn Inquisitives every week. I usually find them entertaining and a decent source of plot hooks for a prospective Eberron campaign. I generally take wacky stories from the Weekly World News and turn them into D&D adventures or "side quests," so seeing D&D events portrayed as in-game news stories is of great interest and eventual utility for me.

Your recent "Crown Affirms Explorer Rights" is a cut above, however, and captures the sensationalism of a press trying to be responsible while yellow to the bone, the relationship between the government and adventurers, and the horror of an expedition's last moments. The best horror occurs off-screen, and you, sir, evoke a powerful image with your last sentence - the best story in any of the Inquisitives so far.

http://tinyurl.com/7dudt

Kudos (to you and your editor, if WotC has one on the Inquisitive articles), and thanks.

- Ket

derbacher

Explorer
Hear, hear! I try to use as many of the "news items" from the Sharn Inquisitive as I can, although they come out faster than we have game sessions, which makes it tough. These are consistently useful to my game, and I hope they continue for a long, long time.

Remove ads