• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good, Short One-Shots For A Demo?

Jonathan Grant

First Post
Hey all.

I’m going to be GMing a one-shot demo this weekend for a group of gamers familiar with roleplaying but unfamiliar with the system we’ll be running (Genesys, if you’re interested).

Was wondering if anyone had any go-to, fun, tight, one-shots that are generic enough that they could be converted over to another system without too much hassle?

I know a few good adventures in this vein (Many Hands Make Light Work comes to mind), but nothing that I think I can get through in 3 hours WHILE teaching the system.

Any suggestions? I could just write something from scratch but…frankly I’m kinda lazy :)

Chad Hooper

First Post
Do you have any old copies of Dungeon magazine in your collection? Adventures like "Night of Fear", "A Local Legend" or "Nine Tenths of the Law" might fit the bill.

Jonathan Grant

First Post
Do you have any old copies of Dungeon magazine in your collection? Adventures like "Night of Fear", "A Local Legend" or "Nine Tenths of the Law" might fit the bill.

I do not, but I'll look up the issue numbers for those quests and see if I can find them on DM's Guild or even the county library network.

Another thread here suggested "A Rough Night at the Three Feathers" for Warhammer Fantasy and I was able to find one of the libraries in the city that shows they have a copy of the book that adventure appeared in so I might get lucky again :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Remove ads