Good sources of non-fantasy minis?

Birmy

Adventurer
I'm playing a new character in an AD&D 2e (yes, still; my DM doesn't like change) campaign who is something of a dandy-fop (okay, an outrageously over-the-top dandy-fop) and even though it's entirely anachronistic I had wanted him in a sort of medievalized tuxedo (top hat, tails, etc.). I couldn't find anything other than fantasy-based pewter miniatures at the local game stores and eBay wasn't much help either aside from old White Wolf minis. I eventually settled on a normal fantasy mini but this isn't the first time I've had trouble finding "modern" minis (even stuff like the Old West had some options). Is there a good source for this sort of thing? Current manufacturers? Old companies that might have what I'm looking for lurking on the after-market?

Birmy

Adventurer
Wow! God bless the gamer tendency for minutiae! I knew you guys would come through!

I'll have to take some time poking around those sites. Keep the suggestions coming, boys. Knowing me my next character will also unnecessarily unconventional.

Remove ads