• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good website for buying PC miniatures?

I've been considering for some time now getting some miniatures for player characters (never used them before), and would like to ask the more knowledgeable among you where would be the best place online to buy PC usable minis. I've checked a few places and it seems that prices have been going up lately for single minis from what I recall (and I'm not really interested in paying $5+ for each mini :erm:)

I'd appreciate suggestions on the matter :)

Klaus

First Post
I have purchased from EN World user oryan77, and I'm very pleased with his prices and service. He has a thread with his inventory in the Minis subforum.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I have purchased from EN World user oryan77, and I'm very pleased with his prices and service. He has a thread with his inventory in the Minis subforum.
Hey Klaus, thanks a bunch for the kind words. It's very rare that I get mentioned :) I appreciate it, any word of mouth really helps.

Dimitri, I can help you with any questions you might have about minis & what might be in your price range. Even if you don't buy any from me, I can help suggest some specific minis to be on the lookout for that might fit your characters.

Take a look at my link in my sig if you're interested.

Mercurius

Legend
Do you want pre-painted plastic minis or unpainted metal? If the former, I'm out of my element as I detest pre-painted plastic minis. If the latter, check out Miniature-Giant.com for good prices on Reaper minis, which are very D&D and decent quality; plus shipping is free. I personally love Rackham Confrontation miniatures, but they're out of print and tend to be a bit pricier ($8-20 for a single PC-size figure).

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)
Thanks, Claudio. I will check Oryan's list. :)

Dimitri, I can help you with any questions you might have about minis & what might be in your price range. Even if you don't buy any from me, I can help suggest some specific minis to be on the lookout for that might fit your characters.

Take a look at my link in my sig if you're interested.
Thanks, Oryan. I'm mostly looking for a mix of male and female minis that can be used to represent most of the core 3.5 classes. Of course, it wouldn't be possible to find a mini for every situation (my math tells me it would require about 154 minis just for the core races/classes! :eek:), but just covering the basics would be enough.
I will certainly take a better look at your list when I get some more time. :)

Assuming you're talking about 4e:

First let me say something: there's no Dragonborn male minis below the $15 mark, they're rare.

My suggestion:

www.coolstuffinc.com

They have low prices and $0.99 shipping on their miniatures.

I also recommend to buy the "Heroes packs", If you don't know about them, they're $7.99 and they have 3 player miniatures in them:

D&D Miniatures Gallery: Player's Handbook Heroes Set 1
Thanks for the suggestion, Lestat. For now, I'm staying with 3.5, so I don't really need dragonborn minis. As for the heroes packs, looking at the pictures on WotC's site I got the impression that the paint jobs are worse than that of previous DDM sets, so I'd like to see if I can get some of those first.
But I've glanced over coolstuffinc.com and it seems it could be worth to take a deeper look. :)

Do you want pre-painted plastic minis or unpainted metal? If the former, I'm out of my element as I detest pre-painted plastic minis. If the latter, check out Miniature-Giant.com for good prices on Reaper minis, which are very D&D and decent quality; plus shipping is free. I personally love Rackham Confrontation miniatures, but they're out of print and tend to be a bit pricier ($8-20 for a single PC-size figure).
Thanks for the ideas, Mercurius. I'm looking for pre-painted minis, given that sometimes I don't even have time to game, much less to paint minis (not to mention my utter lack of talent on that department :p).

Klaus

First Post
From personal experience, you can't go wrong with:

Harbinger's Human Wanderer -> male human/elf/half-elf ranger (best mini for the archetype yet)
Aberrations's Ragnara Psychic Warrior -> female human/elf/half-elf fighter (sword-n-board)
Elf Conjurer (can't remember the set) -> male elf/half-elf wizard/sorcerer
Pentifex Monolith (can't remember the set) -> male elf/half-elf fighter

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads