Goodman Games Forums Closing.

darjr

I crit!
https://goodman-games.com/blog/2024/04/25/the-goodman-games-forums-are-closing/

Goodman Games have decided to close their forums.

Goodman Games has outgrown its web forums — the software of which has certain incompatibilities with the direction we’re moving for the rest of our site — so we will be shutting the forums down in about a month.

That’s four weeks to migrate important information elsewhere, stay in touch with contacts, etc.

We still do most of our communication through our Facebook page: Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game

You can also keep up with us at our official discord site: Join the Goodman Games Discord Server!

Thanks for all the support from the greatest fans in gaming over the many years of our forums — we look forward to seeing you on Facebook and Discord!

Here is a direct link in case you want to go fetch anything.

I joined back in 2009 and haven't posted much. I'd always hopped that it would get more traction.

Ugh, another company doing this. The increasing trend to shift to Discord over traditional forums just leaves me cold, I don't like the format at all. Pretty much done with Facebook as well, that's been too toxic for me since 2018 or so.

Ah well, I'm sure it makes business sense to them, and there's no point losing money on updating forums if they don't get the traffic any more.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Ugh, another company doing this. The increasing trend to shift to Discord over traditional forums just leaves me cold, I don't like the format at all. Pretty much done with Facebook as well, that's been too toxic for me since 2018 or so.

Ah well, I'm sure it makes business sense to them, and there's no point losing money on updating forums if they don't get the traffic any more.
Yes, I like discord a lot for organizing my local play groups. Though, its a terrible format for in-depth and long running discussions.

Remove ads