D&D 5E Goonalan's 5th Ed Games- The Union in the Red Larch Adventure Session #72 to #75 (12/04/17)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #25 added.

Note- My players come here, I'm obviously not going to put the real name of the adventure we are playing- although in truth I've ripped apart at least four adventures, added lots of stuff of my very own, and welded it all back together into, well... you'll see.

1) On the Road to Phandalin.
2) The Rescue Mission.
3) Out of the Frying Pan...
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
7) An Accidental Slaying.
8) Death to the Router.
9) Glory to the New Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
12) Ongoing Investigations AKA WTF?
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
20) Caught by the Ghoulies!
21) Bugbears Are Go!
22) The Black Spider is a Bastard.
23) The Showdown.
23a) Downtime Activities.
24) To Triboar.
25) Gnolls in the Rusty Gorgon.

In which the guys come out (faction-wise) in Triboar, and then head off into the Dessarin Valley, stopping off at the Black Maw Bog Bridge en route to a lovely night in the Rusty Gorgon Inn. At which point the Gnolls turn up to ruin the party...

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

The Old School Gamer's (singular) Campaign, playing a version of Keep on the Borderlands, actually the lairs from the Caves of Chaos- Session #1 added, the beginning.

1) The Black Horn Kobold’s Lair.

In which the guys rescue a Dwarf from a Kobold ambush, and then get hired to head in and clear the scaly creatures out of their lair- it all goes smoothly, well- nearly.

PS We'll be into Thunderspire Labyrinth with James' Points of Light campaign in a few weeks, just as soon as I get around to building the scenario in Fantasy Grounds.

Cheers Goonalan

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #26 added.

Note- My players come here, I'm obviously not going to put the real name of the adventure we are playing- although in truth I've ripped apart at least four adventures, added lots of stuff of my very own, and welded it all back together into, well... you'll see.

2) The Rescue Mission.
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
8) Death to the Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
21) Bugbears Are Go!
23) The Showdown.
24) To Triboar.
26) Rescue Gordo.

In which the guys beat down the Gnolls in the Rusty Gorgon, meet Jaume, and then head off to the Gnoll's lair to rescue Gordo the smith. Check out the fantastic VTT map wot I drawed.

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

The Old School Gamer's (singular) Campaign, playing a version of Keep on the Borderlands, actually the lairs from the Caves of Chaos- Session #2 added.

2) The Ironjaw Orc's Lair.

In which the guys fight some Wolves in the wild, and then get hired again to clear a tribe of Orcs from their lair- nasty.

PS We'll be into Thunderspire Labyrinth with James' Points of Light campaign in a few weeks, just as soon as I get around to building the scenario in Fantasy Grounds.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #27 added.

2) The Rescue Mission.
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
8) Death to the Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
21) Bugbears Are Go!
23) The Showdown.
24) To Triboar.
26) Rescue Gordo.
27) Grimm's Curvy Fruit.

In which the guys investigate the Gnoll lair (twice), make the Inn safe(-ish) and then hit the road to Red Larch again. En route they meet up with some Pilgrims of Chauntea (very fruity), spot some birds watching over them, entertain the villagers of Westbridge, and then head on the last leg through the Sumber Hills.

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #28 added.

2) The Rescue Mission.
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
8) Death to the Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
21) Bugbears Are Go!
23) The Showdown.
24) To Triboar.
26) Rescue Gordo.
27) Grimm's Curvy Fruit.
28) Red Larch.

In which the guys finally get to Red Larch, this after a (very) brief set-to with some Jackalweres. Red Larch is another pleasant country town- the guys meet some of the natives, and relax a while- after first checking in with their factions. R&R doesn't last long- the adventurers are in search of work early the next morning.

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

The Old School Gamer's (singular) Campaign, playing a version of Keep on the Borderlands, actually the lairs from the Caves of Chaos- Session #3 added.

2) The Ironjaw Orc's Lair.
3) The Bloodaxe Orc's Lair.

In which the guys get very close to dying... but only one of them does.

PS Thunderspire Labyrinth is almost ready to roll with James' Points of Light campaign, game on next week probably.

Cheers Goonalan

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #29 added.

2) The Rescue Mission.
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
8) Death to the Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
21) Bugbears Are Go!
23) The Showdown.
24) To Triboar.
26) Rescue Gordo.
27) Grimm's Curvy Fruit.
28) Red Larch.
29) The Bandits.

In which the guys do a little light shopping in Red Larch, and then head out on the Cairn Road to deal with the Bandits there, as requested by Constable Harburk. The session comes to an end in the middle of the action.

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

My main game the EU Campaign playing the Red Larch adventure- Session #30 added.

2) The Rescue Mission.
4) Meet the Redbrands.
5) A Meeting of Minds.
6) The Invasion.
8) Death to the Router.
10) Dead Bad.
11) Kill or Care.
13) A Sudden Death.
14) Let's Slay Together.
15) Venomfang!
16) King Grol!
17) Fire & Lightning.
18) Grimm the Wanderer.
19) Fire & Nice.
21) Bugbears Are Go!
23) The Showdown.
24) To Triboar.
26) Rescue Gordo.
27) Grimm's Curvy Fruit.
28) Red Larch.
29) The Bandits.
30) The Union.

In which everything happens- a cracking session, the guys continue to tangle with the Bandits for a while, make a few discoveries (after interrogating one of their members), head back to Red Larch as heroes, get involved with a Ghost Story and then back out into the wilds for more fighting, magic and trickery.

A cracker.

Thank You.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
UPDATE

The Old School Gamer's (singular) Campaign, playing a conversion of Thunderspire Labyrinth- Session #8 added, the finale.

1) To Koboldly Go.
2) Into the Keep on the Shadowfell.
3) Ooze Down There?
4) Dead Men Tell Tales.
5) The War against the Hobgoblins.
6) Jelly & I scream.
7) The Finale AKA Oh Mummy!
8) Into the Labyrinth.

In which the guys head to Thunderspire, fight a bunch of Hobgoblin Bloodreavers and rescue a Halfling, and then load up on Quests in the Seven Pillared Hall. Next stop through the Labyrinth, with associated encounters, and to the lair of the Bloodreavers- time to kick ass.

Cheers Goonalan

Remove ads