• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goruksblain (Item Aproval)[Aproved]

Steve Jung

Explorer
I just thought of something. Does the -3 circumstance penalty to Charisma-based skill checks apply to turn checks and wild empathy checks?

Velmont

First Post
orsal said:
As written, no, it doesn't apply, because technically those aren't skills. However, I would think it *should* apply.

RAW, no. Personaly, I think it should apply to Wild Empathy, but not to Turning check. Main reason: Goruksblain hate lich, which are undead, no reason it would hinder his master in turning. Also, if we want to be more technical, Wild Empathy is vitually a diplomatie against animals, where Turning is closer to spellcasting (channel energy to turn undead instead to heal).

Steve Jung

Explorer
orsal said:
As written, no, it doesn't apply, because technically those aren't skills. However, I would think it *should* apply.
Right now I interpret it your way. Charlarn hasn't made either type of check since he received Goruksblain, so it hasn't come up yet.

Remove ads