Grasp of the Emerald Claw (possible spoilers)

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Probably not the right forum to ask this on, but here's the situation. I am currently running the Eberron adventure series for my Xbox Live group. The crazy fools have all but walked through it. Their warforged has a morbid fear of Dire Animals now. but still. Anyway, in the Grasp of the Emerald Claw adventure, there is a room on the Observatory Level of the Temple that I can find no way for the players to get into.

So... I'm asking others who have this product or more preferably those who have run it, how do they get into Room #35? On the map it is clearly sealed and I find no mention of it elsewehere in the book save its main entry.

Unless I find the official answer I was just going to have a hole be available in the floor of the Slave Attic above the level, but that is just an ad hoc thing. Did anyone else find out how to get in there?

Arcadio

First Post
--More Spoilers--

My players never found this room. They might have found it by magical means or just by noticing that a room would fit there. Then one of them would have pulled out a pick axe and made his own door.

If you want the characters to find it, you could have a hole already there, as you said. Or, if I'm remembering correctly, there are incorporeal undead in there, possibly trapped inside jars. Maybe the undead noticed the PCs and keep jumping out of the walls of that room to attack, then going back into the room. (If they are trapped inside jars, maybe one of the jars broke, either long ago, or due to something the PCs did - like one of the traps being set off.)

Hope this helps!

BTW, we really enjoyed the end fight. The Chessex mat we use wasn't nearly big enough to cover the whole room, and I wanted to express how big the room actually was. So I cut apart some cardboard boxes to make a mat big enough. It wasn't pretty, but we got plenty use out of it, as the fight lasted the whole session.

Arcadio

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
I had thought of that too... However, it would probably end up being a TPK (except for the warforged) unless I ad hoc a hole in the ceiling. None of the players are technically Arcane Casters. And the one cleric can't turn a thing because she is affectionately known as the Worst Cleric Ever. Ranger 4/ Cleric 4...

Remove ads