• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greater Magic Weapon on wands??

Blib

First Post
Is it possible to cast greater magic weapon on a wand that requires a touch attack to give +to hit??

If so some touch attack spells just got a WHOLE lot more powerful.

EOL

First Post
A good question, but based on the wording I would have to say no. GMW specifically says it gives a "weapon" an enhancement bonus. I wouldn't consider a wand a weapon.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Blib said:
If so some touch attack spells just got a WHOLE lot more powerful.

Not a WHOLE lot.

To me, this looks like a waste of a useful spell.

If you could do it, of course. It seems pretty clear by the wording of the spell that you can't.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Technicaly speaking, a touch attack wand (like say, shocking grasp) simply casts the spell on yourself, allowing you to deliver a shocking touch attack with your hand. I know many people do a wand touch instead, but that isn't correct... not that it matters a lot.

Ancalagon

Crothian

First Post
Ancalagon said:
Technicaly speaking, a touch attack wand (like say, shocking grasp) simply casts the spell on yourself, allowing you to deliver a shocking touch attack with your hand. I know many people do a wand touch instead, but that isn't correct... not that it matters a lot.

Ancalagon

Actually it does matter because touch attacks can be combined with unarmed attacks. So, if you can cast aspell that enhances your unarmed attack bonus, it makes touch spells easier to do.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Actually it does matter because touch attacks can be combined with unarmed attacks. So, if you can cast aspell that enhances your unarmed attack bonus, it makes touch spells easier to do.

Isn't it the FAQ that says that a touch spell delivered by an unarmed strike is no longer a touch attack, but a normal attack?

ie armor and natural armor bonuses apply?

-Hyp.

Mahali

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:

Isn't it the FAQ that says that a touch spell delivered by an unarmed strike is no longer a touch attack, but a normal attack?

ie armor and natural armor bonuses apply?

-Hyp.
Yup. Also you can't GMW your hand. That'd be magic fang from a druid.

Remove ads