D&D 5E Green Dragon Lair

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
There was an old dragon magazine adventure wherein drow tunneled out a tree and lived inside it. There was even a room where they fed the tree directly to keep it healthy and strong. I think it's dragon magazine 73 or 79, something in the 70's.

The drow would be fine to use, the extensive forest canopy, it's called Gnarley, would protect them from sunlight. They could have tunneled up through the roots, allowing the dragon to have a non-traditional escape root

Another thing, if you decide the dragon has access to awaken or speak with animals it will have a great idea about all the characters when they get there and will be impossible to surprise.

The treasure of the dragon might be inside another tree that the PC wouldn't even notice, maybe an awakened tree that has been convinced to grow over the treasure and protect it.

Greyhawk is still the best world
Thanks i'll look through my Dragon Magazines collection for it.

Yan
D&D Playtester

Croesus

Adventurer
There was an old dragon magazine adventure wherein drow tunneled out a tree and lived inside it. There was even a room where they fed the tree directly to keep it healthy and strong. I think it's dragon magazine 73 or 79, something in the 70's.

The drow would be fine to use, the extensive forest canopy, it's called Gnarley, would protect them from sunlight. They could have tunneled up through the roots, allowing the dragon to have a non-traditional escape root

Forest of Doom, Dragon #73.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
There was an old dragon magazine adventure wherein drow tunneled out a tree and lived inside it. There was even a room where they fed the tree directly to keep it healthy and strong.
The Fortress House Erihn uses as headquarters is quite impressive! ’

Remove ads