• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Green Ronin] Freeport Companion: Pathfinder RPG Edition Pre-Order and PDF Available

Pramas

Explorer
The Freeport Companion: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Edition is now available for pre-ordering from our Green Ronin Online Store. When you pre-order this book in our online store, you'll be offered the PDF for just $5 during checkout. If you pre-order the book through a game, book, or comicbook store that's participating in our GR Pre-Order Plus program, they'll give you a coupon code that will get you the same great $5 deal on the PDF version of the book. Ask your favorite retailer if they've signed up yet.

The PDF is also available separately.

Kvantum

First Post
Chris, Paizo's gotten me completely spoiled against the idea of paying for a PDF in addition to the book price. PDFs are supposed to come with the book, or else be the whole book itself, no print copy at all. I was definitely planning on buying the print copy, but honestly, if I have to pay an additional cost to get a PDF of the book then I'll just buy the PDF directly. You're still going to get a sale from me, but just a PDF copy now. :(

Kvantum

First Post
I read through your reasoning, and for anyone who has an FLGS, I'd fully agree with your decisions, but the fact is I don't have a FLGS, and I've almost given up on FLGSes all together. With my Paizo subscriptions, the PDFs get far, far more use than the actual physical books do. All my gaming is done either online or with my laptop right there in front of me. Beyond hardback rulebooks, I'm finding that the physical books are the luxury, the nice little extra without a whole lot of real significance. If I have to pay extra for the PDF on top of the book, then the book is the expendable option for me.

NMC

Explorer
My experience has been rather the opposite. For me, electronic copies have never been as easy to wield at the game table as a printed item; that's why I usually print the ones that I'm going to use. Electronic books, then, are a nice back-up copy, and I don't mind paying a little extra for what amounts to a secondary copy when others don't have ones, or for when I'm traveling and have my laptop but not my library.

-Nate

Pramas

Explorer
Beyond hardback rulebooks, I'm finding that the physical books are the luxury, the nice little extra without a whole lot of real significance. If I have to pay extra for the PDF on top of the book, then the book is the expendable option for me.

And that's fair enough. There are plenty of folks who buy only the PDF. Really, we're good with however people want to buy and enjoy one of our books.

Remove ads