Green SLime?

Azzemmell

First Post
Hey everyone.

I've looked for a conversion somewhere for Green Slime. Haven't been able to find one and was hoping someone here could point me the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Azz

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
When I first got the 3e MM, my first reaction was "where's the green slime?" Then I stumbled across it in the 3e DMG, under "Traps." Since Green Slime doesn't really move, it's now considered a trap. Brown mold, too. Check the DMG for these critter's 3e stats.

Azzemmell

First Post
Thanks

AHA!! -snaps fingers-

That makes sense... sort of. Thanks, now I can hassle my unfortunate group this thursday. Just in time. I can let you know how it goes if you want a story... maybe that should be on a different thread. Anyway, thanks.

Azz

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I love slime monsters! Have fun!

Check the Creature Catalog site for 3e conversions of olive slime and the slime creature, 2 of my favorite oozy monsters from the old 1e MM2! They also have the Dun, White and Gray varieties of Deadly Puddings converted, along with just about every other monster ever made for 1e and 2e D&D.

Also, check out the Oozemaster PrC in Masters of the Wild! You can turn into an ooze and get oozy touch attacks! *shudder*

Last edited:

Azzemmell

First Post
I did manage to find the Greeny. I have the Conversion page and 'Catalog bookmarked. I was suprised to not find it there so I asked here.
Oozmaster???? Sounds refreshingly different... or dankly different. (chortle) That MotW is the only class book I haven't obtained yet. Is it worth it? I have found the others marginally usefull, though I don't run a normal setting, but a homebrew.
Looking through all these slimes and such makes me want to craft a dungeon based on all the different types, maybe make some variants... I'm thinking The Temple of Oozy Evil
(ominous boom)...

Azz

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
MoTW is the best one yet...

S&F: terrible!
DoF: terrible, except for new spells and domains
T&B: above average
S&S mediocre at best
MoTW: good!

Why not replace Tharizdun with Juiblex or Ghaunadaur in Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil? Change the elemental cults to cults venerating different varieties of ooze... slimes, oozes, puddings, jellies! Should make for a disgustingly good time! :D

Voadam

Legend
Has anybody figured out the actual mechanics of using Green Slime? I remember the description in the DMG being less than useful on how to determine implementing them or what exactly happens if it gets on a character.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Good question! The DMG messed up on this one!

I would handle Green Slime thusly, after consulting the 3e DMG and MM, as well as the 1e MM:

GREEN SLIME
Small Ooze
HD: 2d10+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: -5 (Dex)
Speed: 0 ft. (stationary)
AC: 3 (+1 size, -5 Dex)
Attacks: Slam +3 melee
Damage: 1d6 Con damage (flesh), 2d6 damage (wood/metal)
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft.
Special Qualities: Bacteriological vulnerability, blindsight, camouflage, easy to excise, emental
vulnerability, ooze, immunity
Special Attacks: Devour, Splash
Special Damage: Damage repeats each round until removed or target consumed/destroyed.
Saves: Fort +1, Reflex -4, Will -4
Abilities: Str -, Dex 1, Con 12, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Solitary, Pair (2) or Patch (3-6)
CR: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 3-5 HD (medium), 6-8 HD (large)

Blindsight (Ex): Green slime can detect prey by vibration.

Devour (Ex): Anyone reduced to 0 Con or an object to 0 hardness by green slime is devoured and gone
forever.

Camouflage (Ex): Spot check (DC 15) to notice it as being possibly something more than harmless.

Bacteriological Vulnerability (Ex): Casting cure disease on it immediately kills a green slime.

Easy to Excise (Ex): If green slime is scraped off a subject in the first round of its attachment (requiring a
successful melee attack that removes it regardless of damage rolled), and provided that item used to scrape
the slime off is then safely discarded, green slime cannot inflict further damage on that subject unless
somehow reattached (which begins the damaging process all over again).

Elemental Vulnerability (Ex): Green slime takes normal damage from all spells with the fire and cold
descriptor, or from normal fire or cold damage.

Ooze: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and polymorphing.
Immune to critical hits.

Splash (Ex): If the slime misses its intended target, roll for splash damage on the grenade-like weapon
table in the DMG, p. 68.

Weapon immunity (Ex): Green slime is immune to all weapons, regardless of magical enhancement or
material composition.

Last edited:

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Reedited my post for clarity and conformity to 3e oozes. I like slime much better this way as I know exactly what it does and what to do with it in any situation. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases