D&D 5E Green, White, Blue - Which one comes next

Which color is for March

• Green - Druids rock!

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • White - Good Clerics need something to stop the BoVD and all these black spells

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Blue. There is nothing you can try that I cannot simply deny.

Votes: 9 27.3%

Michael Morris

First Post
For the next ten days I'll be conducting a survey to see which color will rule over March. Two have been done - Black and Red. Of the three that remain...

Green is the most in need of spells, with several level gaps. A visit to this color can only mean good things for druid players since that class has access to many of green's spells..

White has the most wards of the game even now, but what kind of offense can it generate when it needs to. Such is an interesting question.

Blue. Need I say more <EG>

Mordane76

First Post
In all honesty, I don't think the power of white should ever be offense. Cards like Swords to Plowshares, Reverse Damage, Alabaster Potions, and Disenchant are the true power of White. Otherwise, you're left with things like Conversion, Wrath of God, and Armageddon -- while offensive, I don't know how these would work in d20 mechanics. :D

Still, I think White should be next -- if nothing but to counter some of the evil wrought by Black.

Michael Morris

First Post
And now for a taste of things to come

Here's one spell for each of the candidate colors...

Mythic Proportions
Transmutation (Physical)
Level: Green 7, Druid 7
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature Touched
Duration: 1 round / level (D)
Saving Throw: Fort Neg. (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (Harmless)

You increase small creature to huge size, or a man-sized creature to gargantuan size. A man sized creature gains a +16 size bonus to strength, +16 size bonus to constitution, -4 size penalty to AC and a -16 size penalty to hide checks for the duration of the spell. A small sized creature gains a +8 size bonus to strength and constitution and a -3 size penalty to AC (this reverses their normal +1 size bonus).

Spell Blast
Abjuration (Counter)
Level: Blue 2
Components: V, S, Spell Point
Casting Time: Ready action
Range: Medium (100' + 10' / level)
Target: One spell
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None.
Spell Resistance: No.

"A spell blast isn't the most efficient or the most elegant answer to a spell. But it is an answer, and sometimes that alone is enough." - Alblasker

Counter target spell. The spell point cost of this spell is 5+X, where X is the spell point cost of the targetted spell. If you cannot pay X, you cannot counter the target spell.

If the GM is not using spell point rules this spell is not available.

Parallax Wave
Transmutation (Transportive)
Level: White 5, Clr (Aurnon) 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Ready action
Range: Medium (100' + 10' / level)
Targets: Up to 1 creature / level
Duration: 1 round / level (Divided).
Saving Throw: Will Negates.
Spell Resistance: Yes.

All creatures targetted by this spell are shunted to the Aether plane and held there until this spell ends. While there they are held immobile and are warded from attacks by creatures on that plane.

Reminder (Divided): The duration of this spell is divided among it's targets.

Remove ads