Greyhawk forum?

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
I agree - fracturing and fracturing a forum board has it's pros and cons, but I think General Discussion is really the place for these types of discussions.

One of the biggest cons is topic isolation. Let's say a newbie pops in and has never heard of Greyhawk. He flips around in the General Forum and rules, 'cause that's what he wants to read about. But let's say that if he were to ever read more about Greyhawk, he'd love it. If all the Greyhawk talk is off in another board, he may never come across a thread (hopefully not flamey) that would introduce him to something he really clicks with.

I say, let 'em stay in General.

Ashtal - all for the big setting shmorgasborg, however it may be spelled. :)

grodog

Hero
I'm game for whatever. I like the arguments that have been made for keeping GH content in the general discussion forums, but still think that finding GH content would be easier if it was in a single place.

Would it be possible to apply meta-tags to a discussion thread, that would help once the search feature comes online? That would ID GH, FR, DS, etc., etc. (although that's more work for posters and/or moderators, I suppose).

Eh, never mind :)

Palcadon

First Post
grodog said:
So what's the RFC process for ENWorld? We post in Meta, and wait to see what the moderators collectively decide, or if the topic generates much commentary, or do we hold a poll or what? :D

They take request posts like these into the moderaters forum, hang the post on the wall, blindfold Piratecat, force a three gallon beer bong into him, spin him around three hundered times and give him a dart.

If he hits your post you win! :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
Greyhawk Forum

I respectfully disagree. I think there's room for a Greyhawk forum. I don't want to go to another site for Greyhawk specific discussion (especially one that isn't terribly inviting for a newbie), but the general forum doesn't seem the right place for specific discussion of Greyhawk minutiae.

Right now, such topics usually have GREYAWK: in the title. A newbie is as likely to overlook that topic as a PANTHEON: discussion. Somone unfamiliar with said material is going to be just as lost in a discussion about Vecna and someone who betrayed him as they are in references to Squirrel Nutkin.

Instead, how about a settings discussion board? It doesn't have to be JUST Greyhawk, but perhaps a discussion of all the major released settings. This would segregate some of the traffic, without removing it all together. Just a thought.

Remove ads