• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grim Tales PDF...

slingbld

Explorer
Let me say I'd love a rip of the original text while waiting on an updated version. I've been looking for this book or it's texts to come out in PDF form for a while now.
I'd be happy for just the Open COntent material to be posted as a start!!

Thanks,
Sling~

Mangus

First Post
Grim Tales PDF

I am curious if there is any news on the possibility for a Grim Tales PDF? A "no art" version would be just fine with me. If there is a Grim Tales SRD floating around I wouldn't mind seeing that released. It would sure help cut down on the wear and tear of the rulebook. (BTW, I would even pay for this PDF if it helps get it released.)

As for a Trailblazed Grim Tales, I think that is an amazing idea as well. I have purchased every Bad Axe Games product released, and I would buy that in a heart beat.

Finally, the need for reviews was mentioned as well. I plan to do a full review of Grim Tales on my blog (see signature) very, very soon. I plan to post the review on several gaming sites (RPG.net, the RPG Site, Pen & Paper Games, etc.), as well as Amazon. I love the game!

GlassJaw

Hero
I am curious if there is any news on the possibility for a Grim Tales PDF? A "no art" version would be just fine with me. If there is a Grim Tales SRD floating around I wouldn't mind seeing that released. It would sure help cut down on the wear and tear of the rulebook. (BTW, I would even pay for this PDF if it helps get it released.)

I don't mean to speak for Wulf because this is more his territory but we've talked about it. I would like one as well no question but there are much higher priorities currently (like the TB monster book).

Maybe when that's done...although there is also the magic book and I already have ideas for some follow-ups to the monster book that I'd really like to do. ;)

As for a Trailblazed Grim Tales, I think that is an amazing idea as well. I have purchased every Bad Axe Games product released, and I would buy that in a heart beat.

The thing is, Trailblazer really is Grim Tales 2.0. The only thing missing is a revision of the classes and talent system.

Finally, the need for reviews was mentioned as well. I plan to do a full review of Grim Tales on my blog (see signature) very, very soon. I plan to post the review on several gaming sites (RPG.net, the RPG Site, Pen & Paper Games, etc.), as well as Amazon. I love the game!

We can still use reviews of Trailblazer as well!

Thanks for the support Magnus - and welcome to the forums!!

Mangus

First Post
GlassJaw,

Thanks for the quick response. I have had my fingers crossed for the Grim Tales PDF to be released for years now. Of all the d20/OGL products out there Grim Tales is at the top of the heap IMO, and as someone who is interested in trying my hand at publishing RPG products I would absolutely love to see the SRD released. As a matter of fact, I contacted Benjamin back in 2007 (and again in 2008 I believe) about compiling the SRD into wiki format and hosting it on a website I had in the planning stages (still planning... maybe one day it will see the light of day). I would still be very interested in doing that if there was enough interest out there for it, and Mr. Durbin would agree...

When I mentioned a "Trailblazed Grim Tales" I was mainly responding to this statement:

Hmm... The more I think about this the more I warm up to the idea of taking the Trailblazer scalpel to Grim Tales. I could release #1 quickly, and for free, and then work up a revised PDF...

Sounds cool, and I am sure I am not the only one interested.

Thanks!

Aldarc

Legend
When I mentioned a "Trailblazed Grim Tales" I was mainly responding to this statement:

Sounds cool, and I am sure I am not the only one interested.

Thanks!
I hate to be a necromancer, but I too am interested in either a Trailblazed Grim Tales or Grim Trailblazing Tales. Grim Tales had a nice measure of system flexibility that I highly appreciated. It was inspiring.

Remove ads