• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grimm: The Roleplaying Game

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ok, I didn't know where to post this as the game ISN'T a d20 game, although it's based on the d20 RPG Horizon: Grimm.

Thus, I figured I'd post it here. I came across it on FFGs Products page for the rest of 2004.

Baby, baby, if he hears you,
As he gallops past the house,
Limb from limb at once he'll tear you,
Just as pussy tears a mouse.
And he'll beat you all to pap,
And he'll eat you, eat you, eat you...

from "Baby, baby, naughty baby"​

FFG is proud to present Grimm, an aptly named excursion, both dream and nightmare, into the classic fairy tales of childhood.

Despite the flights of fancy these fairy tales represent, something dark and brooding lies at their centers. Grimm takes those kernels of despair and pulls the players, kicking and screaming, into them. These stories are not the ones we remember. Something has happened, and the fairy tale worlds and their denizens have become dark, twisted, and dangerous.

Players take on the roles of kids trapped in these horrid places, with nothing but their wits and imagination to escape. Become the jock, the nerd, the popular kid, the bully, or the outcast. Deal with figures from Humpty Dumpty to Red Riding Hood’s wolf, and try to figure out which wants to have you over for dinner, and which wants to have you for dinner. Get ready to make your own stories... and don’t be surprised if the endings aren’t happy.

Grimm: The Roleplaying Game is a new, complete non-d20 roleplaying game, based on the ENnie-nominated d20 RPG Horizon: Grimm, and features gritty, cutting-edge art by some of the best illustrators in the business.

Grimm:The Roleplaying Game
GR01
$39.95
Available in December

Crothian

First Post
Its good its not based on d20. They went with a more d20 lite system in the Horizon book and I think a system more deevoted to the setting will even be better. But very cool news as the Horizon book is great.

Anyone know who is writing it?

Last edited:

Gothmog

First Post
WOW! This is great news. The original Grimm game was a stroke of genius- I plyaed several one shots using it, and we immensely enjoyed it. However, the D20 mechanics seemed wrong for the setting- too heroic and upbeat. I hope the new setting takes into account that the PCs are kids, not miniturized little superheroes. That was the only thing that seemed a little wonky with the original setting, although it did limit PCs to a 5th level maximum. I hope they expand on the setting and give a LOT of world material. What was in the original book was inspired. I'm really looking forward to this!

Henry

Autoexreginated
...and OF COURSE I go and buy the Horizon GRIMM game this past weekend. :(

Ah, well, I'll check it out anyway. It's December, after all. :)

Nisarg

Banned
Banned
Very lamentable that it isn't d20; if it had been (even "d20 lite") they would be sure to generate more sales.

As it is they have lost at least one sale, mine.

Nisarg

Remove ads