D&D 5E Grumbling about New (and Announced) Releases

teitan

Legend
I am very interested in the CR adventure myself as a huge CR fan. We buy a lot of CR stuff and the adventure I am really looking forward to and especially running it with my group after our Starfinder campaign is over. I don't see a faux European setting when I look at Wildemount or most of Exandria but something very reminiscent of Eberron but not so high octane. When Eberron first came out so long ago I really dug it but it was also, at the same time, a wee bit too much. Exandria has some similar elements but also has it's own character and it's foot where it needs to be to know when to slow down. It's got edge without being edgelord and it's not really all that European. There is a large swathe of Wildemount that is very Caribbean in the Menagerie coast for example and nothing in Xhorhas is European at all and that is more than half the continent. About the only thing Nentir Vale-ish are the deities. It just feels like the perfect D&D setting for me and hits the right notes and I've been playing since 1988.

I had to cut back on spending for a few months since we just bought a house but I want Fizban and I want to get the boxed set (in spite of my grumbles, I don't actually mind) but will wait for the independent release while holding out for the release of the independent release of Multiverse. I am limiting my D&D purchases to minis (not necessarily Wizkids) and the upcoming Taldorei book from Darington Press. Hopefully we get an Undead release before the Anniversary book.

Remove ads