D&D 5E Grumbling about New (and Announced) Releases

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Wow, what a bizarre choice to lean so hard into the carnival in the marketing then. “5 short Faewild adventures, one of which takes place in a carnival” is a much more appealing pitch to me than “Adventure path revolving around a carnival that shows up and whisks people away to the Faewild and also is apparently connected to the carnival domain in Ravenloft somehow.”

Wizards is not alone in doing that. The circus in Pathfinder's Extinction Curse AP was pretty much the same deal. Barely relevant.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Wow, what a bizarre choice to lean so hard into the carnival in the marketing then. “5 short Faewild adventures, one of which takes place in a carnival” is a much more appealing pitch to me than “Adventure path revolving around a carnival that shows up and whisks people away to the Faewild and also is apparently connected to the carnival domain in Ravenloft somehow.”
I think the carnival would make a nice intro gateway to Curse of Stradh, if you crank up the twisted/creepy/freak show vibe of it to 11.

good lord do I love Halloween!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I stopped buying into the marketing hype after they got it so very, very wrong with Dragon Heist.
Right, but for me this is kind of the opposite problem. Rather than the marketing being overhyped and the product being disappointing, I was put off by the marketing heavily emphasizing an aspect of the adventure that didn’t super appeal to me, but apparently is actually pretty minor?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I mean, there is a throughline of hooks that can lead from one to the other, and back to the beginning if desired...but the carnival is a fairly small part of the book, albeit one that is likely to be RP heavy for low level characters.

Remove ads