• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL news.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Well this is certainly, on the surface, EXTREMELY good news. The devil's in the details, however...I'd quote The Wolf from Pulp Fiction if it weren't entirely against the grandma rule.

I'm excited, however. I guess this means one shouldn't doubt Orcus about things like this. I hope this means we'll see the new Necro stuff at Gen Con.

So color me modestly :) by this news!

--Steve

Harshax

First Post
Halivar said:
My prediction is that we can stick a fork in Pathfinder as an independent system.

EDIT: Kudos the WotC. While I never purchased, nor cared to purchase 3rd-party content, it pleases me on an ideological level that WotC has decided to offer the GSL as a free license with an SRD. It shows good-faith and good-will; something the corporate gaming industry can continue to learn from.
Pathfinder had to have some small part in the announcement. I mean, if you read the polls on paizo, the support for their RPG is significant. Just my opinion.

And I hope the Pathfinder RPG is hugely successful. While I don't play 3.5, and have no plans to buy 4.0 at this time, more RPGs means more ideas to steal for my own game (Savage Worlds).

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
DanChops said:
Indeed - kudos to WotC for realizing that the $5000 fee was not really feasible this late in the game.

I wonder which companies got contacted?

I will let them speak for themselves and they may not say anything until they finalize/execute the the license.

I will say that they were many of the companies that gave us great feedback at GenCon last year, were on the call in January, and that you really want to see products come from.

It's a good day! :D :D :D

withak

First Post
I have celebrated this announcement by buying my first third-party product! (Okay, I was planning on buying it anyway, but it's a happy coincidence, no? :p)

Remove ads