D&D 5E [GUIDE] Thy Fearful Symmetry: A Circle of the Moon Handbook

mellored

Legend
  1. Because it bears my name and yet I cannot edit or maintain it
  1. [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] can give you ownership.

I intentionally didn't migrate my post here. It wasn't a mistake or an oversight. I didn't want it here. That choice was taken from me.
    Or he can deleted for you.

Barring any input from you, I don't feel it was an undue assumption that things posted online where intended to be public. It's not ignoring you wished, but rather being ignorant of them.

Lejaun

First Post
  1. Because it bears my name and yet I cannot edit or maintain it
  2. Because the formatting is incorrect and looks terrible
  3. Because if the information is incorrect or obsolete I look bad
  4. Because someone else gets credit/karma/whatever for my work
  5. Because in the US, when you write something, you own it and get to choose how/if it is distributed except for a few fair use cases of which this is not one

1. Couldn't you ask a moderator for permission to do so or ask that you can create a new thread and then this one is deleted after it was copied over?
2. Matter of opinion, but it doesn't look too terribly different than what I remember the WoTC forum one looking like
3. People tend to correct or suggest changes when rules change / new products are available to use, and no one is going to think you look bad for something that was migrated over from the WotC forums
4. It clearly says that the credit for making the guide originally came from you. The original poster of this particular thread isn't claiming credit for your work.
5. D&D is a world-wide game, not just the U.S. As for use, there is the consideration of fair use which is generally accepted when the idea is credited to the original author, is of a non-profit nature, and/or considered to be of a social benefit to the public.

I intentionally didn't migrate my post here. It wasn't a mistake or an oversight. I didn't want it here. That choice was taken from me.
Once the public was told that the WotC forums were being taken down, there was a period of weeks where people declared that useful information was going to be moved to enworld. I don't recall any protest from you saying that you did not want your work being moved over. I'm sorry, but I just fail to see how someone saving work that you did as valuable and useful to the D&D community as an insult.

Insults aren't required. I didn't report the post, I'm not saying bad things about the OP. It's just surprise and frustration. Empathy is needed.
Suggesting thicker skin seemed an appropriate comment, considering you suggest you are frustrated at your work being reposted.

Be happy that someone considered your work good enough to warrant keeping and be flattered that people didn't want it lost. If you don't like it here, just ask for it to be deleted. I'll be happy write up a new guide for the public to use at their leisure.

RCanine

First Post
2. Matter of opinion, but it doesn't look too terribly different than what I remember the WoTC forum one looking like

Click on the Google Doc. Notice the consistent spacing and careful use of white space that makes it pleasant to read. Then come back to enworld and see how everything is smooshed together. The WotC forums had the same problems, and I was meticulous about fixing them.

As for use, there is the consideration of fair use which is generally accepted when the idea is credited to the original author, is of a non-profit nature, and/or considered to be of a social benefit to the public.

That is not the definition of fair use, but many people on the internet don't mind stealing in such circumstances. I suggest you read up on it.

Once the public was told that the WotC forums were being taken down, there was a period of weeks where people declared that useful information was going to be moved to enworld. I don't recall any protest from you saying that you did not want your work being moved over.

You remember incorrectly. There was a period of weeks where people declared, "move your stuff to enworld." I was a very active user on the WotC forums, I wasn't here, and at the time I wasn't interested in joining this community.

I'm sorry, but I just fail to see how someone saving work that you did as valuable and useful to the D&D community as an insult.

I didn't say it was. All I said was that I was surprised and didn't know how to feel. I said you insulted me by telling me to get thicker skin.

Also: how is it that you only have two posts here and are so invested in this?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll remove your content, RCanine. You just had to ask! I'm sure Mistwell would have been happy to.

And everybody, let's stop the random insults, please.

Last edited:

Lejaun

First Post
I wrote up a detailed response, but out of respect to the moderator I elected to not post it. I will suggest that anyone interested in the validity of my comment needs only to search web archives to find much of what I said is backed up by fact. As for this.......
That is not the definition of fair use, but many people on the internet don't mind stealing in such circumstances. I suggest you [read wikipedia].
The actual U.S. code that I am referring to states that "the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."

I'll leave it at that, again out of respect for the moderator and people's feelings.

RulesJD

First Post
Wow, now there currently is no Druid Guide available, not even an incomplete one.

1. Take a race that can bump Wis. Variant human as always is ideal for free feat.

2. ASIs-> Sentinel, then Wis to 20, then Resiliency (Con). Can take Res (Con) earlier if your DM actually remembers to do concentration saves.

3. Brown Bear form -> Giant Octopus -> Polar Bear -> Elemental (likely Earth because of Earth Glide).

4. Cast concentration spell before shapeshifting. Grapple enemies to stay within Flaming Sphere/Moonbeam.

5. Multiclass at some point into Barbarian or Monk for increased AC. Generally Barbarian just to get the rage resistance + damage.

Boom, Moon Druid guide.

the_move

First Post
Nice set of advices, but I had something more extensive in mind. Also something, which includes Land Druides, even if they seem to be less popular or maybe even not suitable for an "optimized" character.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases