• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gygax Statue Memorial Planned in Lake Geneva, WI

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
A stone table with Gary seated at it as if DMing would be cool, especially if no one minded groups coming and using the table for games. I think he would have gotten a chuckle out of knowing people would be playing games with his statue seated at the table for years after he had gone.

Last edited:

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
A stone table with Gary seated at it as if DMing would be cool, espectially if no one minded groups coming and using the table for games. I think he would have gotten a chuckle out of knowing people would be playing games with his statue seated at the table for years after he had gone.

Great idea!

/M

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
That's not a stone statue of Gary - that IS Gary!!!

Those damn catoblepas herds have been a nuisance in Lake Geneva for years!

B-)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The article also mentions that some of Gary manuscripts will be auctioned off to help fund the project... I can imagine some fierce bidding on some of the items.

Gail is working with a local attorney to form a corporation to begin raising money for the project. She also is planning a fundraiser to be held during Gen Con in 2010.

At that time, some of her husband's personal items, including original manuscripts, will be auctioned off.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
If some of the funding for this is meant to be garnered through sales of his old manuscripts at Gencon 2010 then we will not likely see this come to its culmination until 2011, I suppose. Perhaps the unveiling can be coordinated with GaryCon 2011 (March 4th, 5th and 6th fall on a Friday through Sunday in 2011)? That would be a nice way to ensure an excellent turnout for both.

Wicht

Hero
I like the idea of the table with Gary sitting at it.

They could sell t-shirts, "I gamed with Gygax," to those who made the journey to game at his table.

Remove ads