• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

H2 Treasure Parcel Allocation?

Eryndur

Explorer
Has anyone broken down the treasure parcel allocation in Thunderspire Labyrinth, based on the most likely path PCs will take?

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel that it'd be nice if WotC if provided treasure parcel information in their published modules? Obviously, they use the rules when determining placement of treasure, so I would assume it wouldn't be that difficult to provide a quick table in the front of each module.

Jhaelen

First Post
Speaking of which, does anyone else feel that it'd be nice if WotC if provided treasure parcel information in their published modules? Obviously, they use the rules when determining placement of treasure, so I would assume it wouldn't be that difficult to provide a quick table in the front of each module.
Agreed. It's one of the things I liked about their AP adventures.
Has anyone broken down the treasure parcel allocation in Thunderspire Labyrinth, based on the most likely path PCs will take?
I'm not exactly sure if this is what you've been looking for, but here's the summary from my notes:
- 3 major quests: 2400gp; item level 8
- 4 minor quests: 1240gp; ritual level 6
- Seven-pillared Hall (from an npc): item level 12
- Chamber of Eyes: 1373gp; 2 potions of healing; items level 5, 7, 8
- Horned Hold: 1170gp; items level 6, 7, 8, 10
- Well of Demons: 1430gp; items level 6, 7, 7, 7
- Tower of Mysteries: 2300gp; rituals level 4, 5, 6; item level 6

Last edited:

zero skill LPB

First Post
I really like parcels since it makes it easy for me to modify the LOOTZ. I haven't checked to see if Thunderspire as a whole follows the rule to the letter; I just assumed it wouldn't be broken 'out of the box'.

I focused solely on magic items since I'm swapping out items-as-written for items-as-appropriate-and-fun for my group. My own notes:

C2 = level 7
C3 = level 5
C4 = level 8
A2-1 = level 6
H3 = level 7
H8 = level 8 + level 10
W2 = level 7
W4 = level 6
W8 = level 7
W10 = level 7
T3 = level 6 + three rituals (level 4, 5, 6)

quest = level 8

W7 = level 11 (?)

On top of all this I liked a few of the side quests from the downloaded extras so I'm gonna be throwing those into the mix. And Gendar will have lower level goodies for sale (rituals and reagents, magical and alchemical items) if the PCs decide they absolutely must spend their money on fun doodads (after convincing him they are worthy of purchasing his wares, of course).

Remove ads