• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Halberd - A self created 3.5/Pathfinder Hybrid ruleset.

Gomer212

First Post
Halberd is a ruleset which I have been writing and tweaking for my current groups of players in an effort to create a more balanced, easier to play, and all around more enjoyable RPG.

The main points are as follows.
1. Classes have been rebalanced.

2. Melee attackers may choose Str or Dex to attack, Finesse is no longer needed.

3. A revamped spellcasting system making all spellcasting spontaneous (no more need for Sorcerers).

4. Many spells have been rebalanced.

5. Spells have one of only 4 simple durations: Day, Encounter, Concentration or Instantaneous.

4. New feat trees have been included, such as Weapon and Shield Specialization and One Handed Weapon Specialization to make Sword and Board and one handed weapon builds more feasible.

5. Various other tweaks too numerous to mention, but include new skills, revised equipment, modified combat rules, changes to Magic Items....etc.

Check out the entire ruleset (a work in progress) at the link below.

http://gomersdungeon.blogspot.com/p/gomers-35.html

Yes, there is much more to be done, but the system as it is plays pretty well and I wanted to share it. Feel free to post question, comments, or concerns you may have.

Last edited:

Remove ads