• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

half-celestials as PC's????

ok, so i have made a 3rd level PC who is a harper and is also half-celestial (ECL=6).

i chose tham, not because of their great abilities (as you may know if you read my other post), but because i thought it would be very cool to roleplay.

the question is, are they like aasimar in the way that aasimar are descendants of the gods. if so i will have 20 charisma and be a descendant of Sune (forgotten realms campaign),would this be viable???

also, any tips on how to roleplay him????

could you give me tips on a name for him???

he is a half-celestial/sun elf, he has the following stats:

with half-celestial stat increases he has:

str +4
dex +2
con +4
int +2
wis +4
cha +4

he will be a harper, i am not yet sure about a class for him though, any suggestions?????

rounser

First Post
i am not yet sure about a class for him though, any suggestions?????
Definitely go for Ninja, and pick up levels of Pirate, Psion and Paladin (of Wee Jas*) later on.**

That would be sweeeeet. :p
also, any tips on how to roleplay him????
It helps to sketch out ideas for a personality (how he is now), a background (how he became that way), allies and enemies (who he knows and who his family are - PCs rarely exist in a void) and a set of goals and desires (what he's likely to be seeking in the future). It's good to negotiate with the DM on these issues so he can accomodate your background, NPCs he knows etc. and check that the future goals are likely to match his or her style of campaign. If you can include one or more of the other PCs in this, and have a solid reason to adventure with them, then so much the better. He's a Harper, right? He probably knows some Harpers then - and the organisation probably have some jobs for him.
Throw around some random personality traits until you settle on some you like, for instance, some off the top of my head:
Impulsive
Enthusiastic
Indecisive
Starry-eyed
It helps if these map onto his stats and alignment, and his celestial/elven blood (if you're of the "races affect personality somewhat" crowd). You can give your character more depth by breaking with stereotype or archetype in at least one respect (e.g. a half-celestial who is very dirty and uncouth, for instance), or setting up seemingly contradictory personality traits (e.g. "easily amused" and "deadly serious").
It also helps if you give him one of the four G's as a reason to adventure (Gold, Guts, Glory, or Good). Your PC is an adventurer, so don't forget to provide him with an adventurous urge to fall back on so he bites plot hooks easily and often. Your DM will probably appreciate it.
You may want to research old Planescape material for source material on how celestials act - although that's only one interpretation...
could you give me tips on a name for him???
I suggest either an anagram of your own name in grand old D&D tradition, or using the Everchanging Book of Names (using the Forgotten Realms library), a piece of software available from here:
http://www.worldzone.net/games/ebon/

*: If possible - talk to your DM for roleplaying justification for this. Perhaps he talked to someone who visited Greyhawk once, for instance.
**: ;)

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
rounser said:

Definitely go for Ninja, and pick up levels of Pirate, Psion and Paladin (of Wee Jas*) later on.**

i don't think you should take levels of *both* Ninja and Pirate!? They don't get along well, ask Mark if you don't believe me!

He should ride a Hippo too, that'd be sweeet.

Numion said:

i don't think you should take levels of *both* Ninja and Pirate!? They don't get along well, ask Mark if you don't believe me!

He should ride a Hippo too, that'd be sweeet.

lol.

rounser:good ideas, thanks a lot.

piratecat:good moderating.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads