• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half Orcs

Varis

First Post
Cool, I'd actually heard that as well. I should of been more specific. I was wondering what sort of Stat bonuses, racial benefits etc they would be getting.

Mengu

First Post
+2 Strength, +2 Dexterity (or maybe Wisdom instead of Dexterity)
Half-orc Resilience: First time you are bloodied in an encounter gain 5 hit points (possibly 10 at 11th level, and 15 at 21st level).
Swift Charge: +2 to speed when charging.
+2 Endurance and Intimidate
Furious Assault: Encounter power; free action; when you hit enemy, the attack deals 1[W] extra damage if it's a weapon attack or 1d8(?) extra damage if it isn't.

Herschel

Adventurer
The Half-Orc is a race I've always wished would just go away. I've never liked it from a flavor standpoint and never felt it added anything positive to the game as a PC race. They make good enough bad guys I suppose, I just always have hated them from a PC standpoint. I just don't understand the love for them outside of physical stat bumps.

Byronic

First Post
The Half-Orc is a race I've always wished would just go away. I've never liked it from a flavor standpoint and never felt it added anything positive to the game as a PC race. They make good enough bad guys I suppose, I just always have hated them from a PC standpoint. I just don't understand the love for them outside of physical stat bumps.

They're rough, tough and don't care a Gnomes nose about what other people think about it. And they have an inbuilt way of solving problems. Bash them.

They're not my favourite either but that's why I don't play them.

tanj

First Post
Half-Orcs can be fun to play as the big dumb guy who doesn't know better than to get into trouble, but can deal with whatever trouble he gets into. They make great barbarians with an obvious reasons to be outside of normal society. I think my favorite aspect is how they don't really fit anywhere, they are too human to be orcs and too orcish to be human.

ki11erDM

Explorer
half orcs are much better to play a old school paly or monk. always irks me when people insist on playing stereo type roles. If i wanted to play a big dumb fighter i would play a fat gnome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads