D&D 5E Halloween themed D&D Ideas?

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
Our gaming group meets bi-weekly on Saturdays. Our next game is on Halloween! As such I have been updating and converting.....THE TOMB OF HORRORS to 5e! My players are not likely to have a warm and fuzzy for me after Saturday night. Many weren't even born when ToH was first published. Fresh Meat!

Last edited:

gamefreak180

First Post
Our gaming group meets bi-weekly on Saturdays. Our next game is on Halloween! As such I have been updating and converting.....THE TOME OF HORRORS to 5e! My players are not likely to have a warm and fuzzy for me after Saturday night. Many weren't even born when ToH was first published. Fresh Meat!

let us know how that goes if anything needs to be converted and updated it is that.

The Tomb of Horrors, wow I remember taking my brothers friends through that one...lets just say it didn't end well for them! That's a definite Halloween themed dungeon crawl there!

gyor

Legend
Use a hoarde of Succubi/Incubi. You appear in town only to find everone is acting strangely. People vanish and reappear for no apparent reasons. One day some complains they were seduced in the night, only for days later they deny having the conversation.

It turns out the the majority of the towns population have been seduced, then damned, then murdered and finally replaced by Incubi and Succubi who live in the nearby Ethereal Realms. You can have them plotting to summon the power of Orcus to explain an increase in undead and pests, or maybe thier in servious to Lovitar who plots to use this town in a horrible plot.

Can used escape the town of the damned Mawhahahaha.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Quick-and-dirty version:
Have a dozen zombies / skeletons / blights plus a tougher-guy coordinator plus a swarm or two of beasts, attack the caravan and draw the PCs' attention. Make it sound like there are a few more groups to deal with after they polish off this one. Maybe 6 total near-identical forces. Have the coordinators all flee rather than fight to the death. Just before sunrise, the coordinators are revealed to be lieutenants of BBEG - who might be a young dragon looking for plunder (HotDQ after all) or a more-powerful undead who rules the Fields - or a rival to that hidden vampire.

Rhineglade

Adventurer
Makes me think of the Dead Marsh from LotR: site of an ancient battle where the chemistry of the marsh has preserved the dead. The bodies of the dead soldiers can be seen just below the surface of the water. It is a very haunted place of course and strongly avoided by superstitious peasants. This is where phantom lights and sounds would some into play to "lure" players into danger. Perhaps a will-o-wisp or the faint sounds of a maiden crying for help somewhere in the distant.

Naturally, such a location would be rife with opportunity to paint a very creepy and eerie picture for Halloween. Perhaps players would stumble upon a lost temple dedicated to an ancient god of war or death. Maybe a solitary necromancer prowls the marshes experimenting with the forces of death native to the region.

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
A few critters they will be facing this Saturday....

The Monster Under the Bed: Basically two, grasping hairy, muscular, warty, purple arms that try to pull a PC under the bed to be devoured

The Monster in the Closet: A scary shadowy monster hiding in the closet (a converted to 5e Type 1 demon....)

The Ghost of a Human Thief that uses slight of hand to steal stuff off the characters

Grey Widows: Triple sized Black Widows that are (a) out of phase amd (b) undead

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
My Halloween adventure involves Hags. If you haven't read how they use the young of others, you should do so, because its an amazing approach for Halloween.

The adventurers will stumble upon a town so quaint and mysterious, its not labeled on their map. As the mist rolls in across the massive graveyard (for such a tiny little town), they'll see shadows dancing along the worn tombstones. People are holed-up in their homes due to a recent strangeness amongst their children (like Village of the Damned). Adolescents all over the village are turning against their parents; killing, maiming, and worse.

Remove ads