[Halmae] Our Party Picked a Name! Full story inside!

What Should Our Party's Gladiator Team Name Be?

• Seasons Vengeance

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Godstorm

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Divine Right

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Captain Halmae and The Clerics

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Elemental Might

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The Powers That Be

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • "No no no! You should call yourselves..." (comment below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

spyscribe

First Post
So, our group, who I write about in the Welcome to the Halmae, was playing last night, and towards the end of the evening we realized that we needed to infiltrate a coluseum, and the only way to get in was to go undercover as a team of gladiators.

(I'll post a few more details in our story hour thread, for those who are interested.)

But, to be a gladiator team, you need a hook, a gimmick. And most importantly, you need a name. Thing is, our group doesn't even have a collective adventuring name, let alone a gladiator team name. After throwing around some alternatives, one of our players pointed out that clearly the thing to do was to ask the story hour forum for their input.

We're a group of six, details below. We think our best gimmick is that in our group we have holy followers of all four of the Halmae's gods, plus two arcane casters.

I'm putting our short list in as a poll. Vote for your favorite or suggest your own!

Current Party Members

• Anvil the Just - Cleric of Kettenek, god of Winter, Law, and Justice.
  • Thatch - Fighter and member of martial sect devoted to Alirria, goddess of Spring, Water, and Travel.
  • Giovanna (better known as: Lira) - Sorcerer/Cleric of Ehkt, god of Summer, Fire, and Chaos.
  • Tandelle - True Neutral Paladin of Sedellus, goddess of Fall, Change, and Luck.
  • Eva - Rogue and member of the Fortune Riders, a sect of Sedellus.
  • Rilke - Wizard/Rogue evocationist, pantheist.

Last edited:

jerichothebard

First Post
Well, since "Team Unable to Make Up Our Collective Minds and Just Pick a God" is a little too long to fit on a jersey, I go with Season's Vengance.

babomb

First Post
spyscribe said:
“How about Dar Aego?” Thatch asks with a derisive snort.

Moira’s eyes light up. “Oh yes, I’ve been there several times. The architecture is stunning, just absolutely incredible! Have you ever seen the gladiatorial arena?”

Thatch scratches behind one ear. “No, we ah… missed that.”

“If you’re ever back there, you should make a stop,” Moira advises the young fighter.

“Umm… Yeah. Sure.”
Fajitas said:
She had heard the players grousing about how much they hated Dar Aego, and she'd heard me grousing about how the PCs never went to the really cool gladiatorial arena there to earn more money. Thatch's player muttered something about Dar Aego, and she said the above without missing a beat. I just about fell out of my chair laughing.
Piratecat said:
I bet modrons fight there.

Clearly, Kettenek's Justice demands that your team (or one of the ones you fight) be called The Modrons.

Or you could be the Pantheistic Champions (PCs for short). :p

Murasame

Explorer
Personally, I'm kinda partial to "The Hammers of Justice". After all, hammers and Anvil(s) go together like stink on an ogre! Or...um...something. ;3

Orichalcum

First Post
I vote for "Holy Smiters." I still have a vivid memory of WisdomlikeSilence trying out that spell for the first time, in the early days of 3rd Ed, with the comment, "Ah, it's Detect Evil with Extreme Prejudice."

Remove ads