• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hamstring feat and its uses

Psyduck

First Post
Can the hamstring feat be used more than once on a single opponent.

example: rogue uses hamstring on human with 30ft movement. It cuts movement to 15. rogue's second attack hits. can he cut the human's speed to 7.5?

if the above is possible, is it possible to render an opponent nearly immovable?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
IIRC, the feat doesn't say that multiple uses will stack. I probably wouldn't allow it.

Even if a DM allows it to be used twice on a human, further uses would make no sense. The feat's effect represents injury to a leg, so once you do it twice, you run out of legs to attack.

hong

WotC's bitch
AuraSeer said:
IIRC, the feat doesn't say that multiple uses will stack. I probably wouldn't allow it.

Even if a DM allows it to be used twice on a human, further uses would make no sense. The feat's effect represents injury to a leg, so once you do it twice, you run out of legs to attack.

Wizard: "Ha! You have hamstrung me twice! Now you have run out of legs to attack!"

Rogue: "HA! I attack the third leg!"

Wizard: "HA! NOW I QUALIFY FOR EUNUCH WARLOCK!!!1!"

Last edited:

Sejs

First Post
Rogue: I Hamstring the Centaur!

DM: Okay, his movement is reduced by 50% of his base move!

Rogue: I Hamstring the Centaur again!

DM: OKay, his movement is reduced again by another 50% of his base move - you've got two of his legs.

Rogue: I use my Quicker Than The Eye feat to feint the Centaur as a Move-action, then using my normal attack, and the bonus attack I get from Expert Tactician - I Hamstring it twice more! Ha! He's all out of legs now!

DM: OKay, the Centaur now reduced to -100% of his base move begins to zoom away from you at great speed - backwards.

Psyduck

First Post
Looks like a problem here...

is there any official ruling on this feat yet? I may just see about house ruling this feat...

Remove ads