Handling mature artwork/themes in modern mass-market RPGs

MGibster

Legend
there seems to be no reason for u n a to be naked. Other than to present as an attractive body to cishet men. From you stat block, doesn’t seem necessary. Only reason for tha picture is titillating.
Maybe to convey an otherworldly sense of beauty and power?

This was my thought. In movies, you still have "mass market" for R-rated films, but in RPGs, I think these qualify as niche.

In the 1990s, it didn't get much more mainstream than Vampire the Masquerade, and I'd certainly argue it contained mature themes galore. But practically speaking, I suppose anyone could make a good argument that any game that isn't D&D is going to have niche appeal.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I mean, ask yourself, why do I want these people naked? If you have an answer, ok.

The dancing naked in the forest one is tame, I’d show a toddler, dancing naked in the forest is a family safe theme for going crazy and doing witch things.

I have no idea why all the archfey are naked. That one is weird.

there seems to be no reason for u n a to be naked. Other than to present as an attractive body to cishet men. From you stat block, doesn’t seem necessary. Only reason for tha picture is titillating.

jmho
The primary goal of the book is to bring the originating folklore into 5e, as they appeared in that folklore and mythology. When you look at the folklore (and as is described in the book) many of the fairies engage in revelry and debauchery. Clothing is very much optional. It's the whole "temptation and lust = sin" theme told in many of those stories.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Make absolutely sure to let people know up front that this product includes mature themes and art. Put that disclaimer at the top of any web page, Kickstarter page, or whatever.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Make absolutely sure to let people know up front that this product includes mature themes and art. Put that disclaimer at the top of any web page, Kickstarter page, or whatever.
The cover does have that

TFcoverweb.jpg

Remove ads