Level Up (A5E) Harvesting monster body parts

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
I'm pretty sure that somewhere i saw a list of monster body parts that are listed under magic items in T&T. I had been making up my own but i thought i better include the "official" ones in case players are relying on the manuals. But i can't find the list. I checked T&T, tried the forum search engine, web search engines.. and couldn't find anything. Have i imagined such a list, searched the wrong words, lost the ability to read..? If the list does exist, does anyone know what it is called? or where it might be?

Thanks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't think of an existing list (though that doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I can't recall it) but I agree it would be useful!

noodohs

Explorer
There's a 3rd party O5e supplement called Batlezoo Bestiary that adds a whole "Monster Hunter" subsystem. Obviously it's not an official list, but it might be what you're looking for.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a 3rd party O5e supplement called Batlezoo Bestiary that adds a whole "Monster Hunter" subsystem. Obviously it's not an official list, but it might be what you're looking for.
It's not likely to help with an A5E list of magic item components though, which is what the OP is looking for.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
I can't think of an existing list (though that doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I can't recall it) but I agree it would be useful!
I started making my own. I'm about a quarter of the way through. I'll share it when i'm done. Although i'm worried about the elfish farming of sentient beings :)

Creature​
Part​
Use​
Awakened TreebranchCantrip Wand
Awakened TreeBark & leavesCloak of Elvenkind
Awakened TreebarkElven Chain

At least they went with owlbear leather for their boots.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
Done. Or at least the first version is done and posted. https://www.enworld.org/resources/a5e-magic-item-animal-components.1638/

Please so!

Well, given that one of our directives was that harvesting sentient beings was a no-no, if you see us doing that please do point it out!
I don't think you would have to kill a sentient being to create anything in T&T. The smiths might be asking nicely for Awakened Tree bark. But a great deal would be easier if... Need an illuminated manuscript soaked in the blood of a khalkos to make a Tome of Clear Thought? It might be easier to do that in a controlled environment. And given the number of components that come from druids... it is certainly easier to hunt them rather than dragons.

Remove ads