• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

has anyone gotten their copy from amazon?

bielmic

Explorer
just checking to see if my DM and I are the only ones in what seems like preorder perpetual wait for our amazon copies of pathfinder... has anyone actually recieved a copy or notification of shipment from amazon?

Papa-DRB

First Post
Their is a similiar thread on the Paizo boards, and so far no one has gotten it, nor had it shipped from Amazon.

Apparantley Amazon, among others, have a "release date" of the Wednesday following the publisher street date.

-- david
Papa.DRB

ps. I am getting my via subscription from Paizo, so I have downloaded the PDFs and it should be at my house on Monday of next week.

kitsune9

Adventurer
just checking to see if my DM and I are the only ones in what seems like preorder perpetual wait for our amazon copies of pathfinder... has anyone actually recieved a copy or notification of shipment from amazon?

Unless it's a purchase in which I have no interest in getting on street date, I won't order from Amazon. I ordered from them one time and it was well after two weeks after their release date before I decided to cancel. Don't exactly remember the book, but I think it was Epic Level Handbook.

Happy Gaming!

Drkfathr1

First Post
I stopped ordering my books from Amazon about 2 years ago. Even when I pre-ordered I'd never get my books more than 2 weeks after release. It was crap. I have a distribution center not 2 hours away from where I live!

Even when I'd pay for 2 day shipping it would take a week to get my stuff.

So now I get all my books from Buy.com. Their prices are the same and I get books 1 day before the release date...without paying for extra special shipping. Plus I can use paypal to check out.

I ordered the PF book afer buying the PDF and the release date is showing 8/19 from Buy.com. We'll see how long it takes to get.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
I think Amazon's delays with Paizo products are actually setup by Paizo themselves, and are meant to actually make sure FLGS get the stuff first, because Amazon deep discounts prices fierce.

I remember this also being true of WoTC releases.

Papa-DRB

First Post
Not true. Lisa Stevens, Paizo CEO, explained on their boards (can't find link), but Paizo does NOT sell to Amazon, Hobby shops, etc. Paizo sells to Distributors who fill Amazon, Buy.com, Hobby shops, B&N, etc. orders. It is against US Federal regulations to "stifle trade" by doing what you claim below and she flat out denied it.

-- david
Papa.DRB

I'd post a link, but with the board re-organization on Paizo, I can't find it.
Also, Amazon, B&N and some of the others, internally, set a release date of the Wednesday after the official release date.

I think Amazon's delays with Paizo products are actually setup by Paizo themselves, and are meant to actually make sure FLGS get the stuff first, because Amazon deep discounts prices fierce.

I remember this also being true of WoTC releases.

Remove ads