Has Anyone Here Played the Mistborn Adventure Game?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Hey, everyone. I recently finished reading the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson (including the first 3 Era 2 books), and heard about the Mistborn Adventure Game that was produced awhile back and has gotten a few supplements throughout the years. I'm a big fan of the setting and its magic system, and have been playing D&D for just over 5 years now (only every played 5e, never any other edition or TTRPG), so I just ordered the main rulebook(s?), the dice, and a few of the supplements (Terris, Alloy of Law, Masks of the Past) on Amazon. It'll be my first non-D&D TTRPG, and I'm excited to try it with my players, but wanted to know if anyone here has played/GMed it, your experiences with it, and thoughts on the system. I know it's a Dice Pool system, which will take a bit of getting used to with my only experience with TTRPGs being a d20 system.

So, have any of you played the Mistborn Adventure Game? What are your experiences with it? Is there anything that I should know about before diving into it? Does the game come with character sheets, or do I have to print those myself?

Remove ads