Has anyone read the new Tomb of Horrors novel?

CrusaderX

First Post
Since I've found the Greyhawk novels to be hit or miss (Paul Kidd's books = good, everything else = not so good), I've been looking for a review of the new Tomb of Horrors book.

The premise sounds really cool, involving a fallen Paladin seeking redemption. But if it just reads like a lifeless dungeon crawl, I'll pass.

the Jester

Legend
I kind of wish it would follow the characters mentioned in Return to the Tomb of Horrors (Desatysso, Grunther, etc.)

Course, maybe it does, I don't have it so how would I know?

WOTC_Keith

First Post
Well,

I kind of think it's okay...but then I'm biased. :)

Keith Strohm
Vice President
Pokemon Product Group
Wizards of the Coast

Last edited:

CrusaderX

First Post
Hey, thanks for your input, biased or not :)

I'll probably pick up the book, since ultimately I'm a sucker for anything regarding Paladins.

Will you be writing any more Greyhawk novels, Mr. Strohm? Or was this a one-time thing?

WOTC_Keith

First Post
Glad to hear that you're goin to pick up the book :) Kaerion was an interesting character to write about, but I found that I was growing equally attached to Majandra, the half-elven bard, as the story progressed. And since I play a monk in Monte Cook's Ptolus campaign, I made sure that Jhagren kicked major booty!! :)

While I really enjoyed writing the Tomb of Horrors novel (particularly now that it's done), there are currently no pans to have me write another Greyhawk novel. From a personal standpoint, my work takes up too much time to make this a viable endeavor in the near future. However, I would love to write another novel sometime in the medium to far future..

Keith Strohm
Vice President
Pokemon Product Group
Wizards of the Coast

Remove ads