• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone read the new Tomb of Horrors novel?

CrusaderX

First Post
Since I've found the Greyhawk novels to be hit or miss (Paul Kidd's books = good, everything else = not so good), I've been looking for a review of the new Tomb of Horrors book.

The premise sounds really cool, involving a fallen Paladin seeking redemption. But if it just reads like a lifeless dungeon crawl, I'll pass.

the Jester

Legend
I kind of wish it would follow the characters mentioned in Return to the Tomb of Horrors (Desatysso, Grunther, etc.)

Course, maybe it does, I don't have it so how would I know?

WOTC_Keith

First Post
Well,

I kind of think it's okay...but then I'm biased. :)

Keith Strohm
Vice President
Pokemon Product Group
Wizards of the Coast

Last edited:

CrusaderX

First Post
Hey, thanks for your input, biased or not :)

I'll probably pick up the book, since ultimately I'm a sucker for anything regarding Paladins.

Will you be writing any more Greyhawk novels, Mr. Strohm? Or was this a one-time thing?

WOTC_Keith

First Post
Glad to hear that you're goin to pick up the book :) Kaerion was an interesting character to write about, but I found that I was growing equally attached to Majandra, the half-elven bard, as the story progressed. And since I play a monk in Monte Cook's Ptolus campaign, I made sure that Jhagren kicked major booty!! :)

While I really enjoyed writing the Tomb of Horrors novel (particularly now that it's done), there are currently no pans to have me write another Greyhawk novel. From a personal standpoint, my work takes up too much time to make this a viable endeavor in the near future. However, I would love to write another novel sometime in the medium to far future..

Keith Strohm
Vice President
Pokemon Product Group
Wizards of the Coast

Remove ads