D&D 5E Has Anyone Seen the Following Builds?

ichabod

Legned
I was curious, so I looked for these builds in the one million characters from D&D Beyond. Of course, these D&D Beyond builds may not have been seen at a table. I used the levels given as a minimum, so Fighter 2/Wizard might be Fighter 6/Wizard.
Eldritch Knight 6, Bladesinger 2
37 characters
Paladin 6/hexblade1 (or any hexblade dip on a charisma class).
Paladin: 304 characters
Bard: 307 characters
Sorcerer: 226 characters
Divine Soul xyz, Death Cleric 1
1 character
Fighter 2/Wizard xyz
1,419 characters
Eldritch Knight 6/Paladin xyz
29 characters

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I was curious, so I looked for these builds in the one million characters from D&D Beyond. Of course, these D&D Beyond builds may not have been seen at a table. I used the levels given as a minimum, so Fighter 2/Wizard might be Fighter 6/Wizard.

37 characters

Paladin: 304 characters
Bard: 307 characters
Sorcerer: 226 characters

1 character

1,419 characters

29 characters
Part of the problem there is also how many of those sheets have a character too low a level to see the combo we are looking for?

So we also really need to know how many characters for each level. I’m betting a good portion are level 1 characters in that dump.

We have a fighter/wizard at our table right now, but they haven't reached the point in the story where they are learning magic yet.

At a previous table (different state, different players) we had a pally/hex blade. It was a full 1-20 campaign. They played them well. It was a powerful build, but didn't see it overshadow anything really. There were seven players, so that might mean something too.

ichabod

Legned
1689693596090.png

Edit: fixed the data label at the bottom.

Attachments

• 1689692674771.png
    1689692674771.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Great start. I plan to download the data and do some analysis later.

Might should discuss through some methodologies at some point. Questions like how to handle situations where a character isn’t currently multiclassed but might be in the future? How should that be accounted for in our stats when talking multiclassing? Or should we ignore that and look at each overall character level separately? We might even see a trend that higher level characters tend to multiclass more, while noticing that most characters on beyond are low level. Etc.

Yaarel

He Mage
Not really sure why you say things I agree with as if I don’t.
No disagreement. Just pointing out the Fighter 5 / Wizard 15 is missing out on slot 9 spells at the highest tier.

I also agree, the Fighter is very powerful at the lower tiers and the Fighter 5 comes with much power.

ichabod

Legned
Questions like how to handle situations where a character isn’t currently multiclassed but might be in the future?
I would just go with what you have. Multiclassing can happen as quick as second level, so I'm dubious of estimating lower level potential multiclassing based on higher level multiclassing. One issue is that the builds talked about here aren't just multiclassing, they're multiclassing with specific sub-classes. That leads to much lower counts. In terms of more general multiclassing, the top 10 choices are:
  1. Fighter/Rogue (4,280)
  2. Barbarian/Fighter (3,508)
  3. Ranger/Rogue (3,502)
  4. Sorcerer/Warlock (2,722)
  5. Fighter/Warlock (2,549)
  6. Rogue/Warlock (2,296)
  7. Fighter/Wizard (2,252)
  8. Bard/Warlock (2,219)
  9. Paladin/Warlock (2,166)
  10. Bard/Rogue (2,133)
For each class, the class it most commonly multiclasses with is:
  • Barbarian: Fighter