Has anyone seen this module?

Volsung

Explorer
About 19 years ago, shortly after I started playing AD&D I remember a kid in my class (5th grade) bringing in a module for a few of us to play during recess.

I vaguely remember the cover of the module, I think it had a picture of a fire giant wielding what looked to be a prismatic (or at least rainbow-colored) sword. I don't remember any of the adventure itself.

Does anyone here have any idea of the name of this module?

Geoffrey

First Post
Could it be C2: Ghost Tower of Inverness? It has a picture of a fire giant on the back cover:

jeff_dee_original.jpg

Here is a scan of the front cover:

c2third.jpg

Delta

First Post
If you flip over module C2, "The Ghost Tower of Inverness", the back cover looks like that. The fire giant's sword isn't really a rainbow, but there's a big lighting contrast from top to bottom (underlit by red/yellow fire) that make it look that way.

EDIT: Dammit, beat to the punch!

Puggins

Explorer
Probably one of my favorite cover arts for "old" 1e modules (the style exemplified by C2, as opposed to, say, Pharaoh.

Also, my least favorite of all of TSR's "old" 1e modules :p

NiTessine

Explorer
Not to my knowledge, though there was a Living Greyhawk Core Special module played at big conventions set in the Ghost Tower.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Pinotage said:
Didn't WotC update this to 3e at some point? Why do I keep thinking they did?

Pinotage
They didn't, but I did years ago. Back then ENWorld had a conversion library. You might have seen it there.

Remove ads