WotC Hasbro bought a tv production company? D&D cartoon?!

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I've become rather pessimistic on this topic. We've had discussions about D&D movies, shows, and licensed properties for years now, and none have borne fruit.

I'm beginning to think that the D&D IP is radioactive.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've become rather pessimistic on this topic. We've had discussions about D&D movies, shows, and licensed properties for years now, and none have borne fruit.

I'm beginning to think that the D&D IP is radioactive.

On the contrary, that they continue to work on these projects shows the potential here. This is not abnormal for the film industry. It could still fall apart again, but time will tell.

I mean when a cartoon ended, those toys were forgotten in the shops. When I was a preteen child there were only two public TV channels in Spain, later the regional channel. The private channels arrived in the 90's, and then it was only near 7 channels, and without a lot of time for children cartoons. Later it was the serie Beast Wars, a spin-off of Transformers, one of the first CGI cartoons.

You have to remember until the first movie of Blade the vampire-hunter the rest of marvel movies weren't good. If my memory doesn't fail the true marvel blockbuster after Blade was Spiderman near 2001 year. And Disney itself had got lot of years with a age of "thin cows" until the reborn age (little mermaid, Beauty & Beast, Aladdin, Mulan..).

If Hasbro has had got a smashing-hit with the reboot of My Little Pony, and many cartoon series after action-live Transformers movies they still have possibilities with D&D, but they need the right work, for example in the big screen the level of violence +7y, and in the streaming media as serie the optional mode +7 and +12.

submitted by one of my posters from my FB page: Three Line Studio

76180543_10220867919553617_4728723108444241920_o.jpg

Remove ads