Have a character sheet.

Rune

Once A Fool
Here's version 4! I've reduced the centerpiece in size just a bit, allowing for a little more room on either side. I've also clarified the "Abilities" section to include proficiencies, as well. Finally, I've also inserted dividers that should serve to clarify which stats belong to which ability scores.

Here's a pic of the first page: CharsheetcircleV4.jpg

Attachments

• CharsheetcircleV4.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 283

HRSegovia

Explorer
So you stuck with this design, which is fine! It works well, now! I have one last recommendation. Remove "Prepared Spells." This will open all the room necessary for gear (particularly since you already have a spell sheet). In fact, you may remove any reference to spells on this page to open up room and move them to your spell sheet. The major clue that this should happen is that your spell slots goes all the way to 9, by this time, the player has amassed a plethora of gear he can still fit within his carrying capacity, and must track up to 22 memorized spells. That just will not fit on the space allotted.

Rune

Once A Fool
I'm beginning to think that your handwriting is a lot bigger than mine! :)

The reason I grouped the sections as I did is because I wanted to give the individual player leeway to write as much or as little information in them as they wished (and had room for) in whichever proportions were important to the character.

Of course, it would be a simple matter to mark spells as prepared on the spell list page(s)--and if that's the player's preference, no problem.

But I actually wanted to design this sheet to allow a player of even a spell-caster to be able to do so using just the first page, if desired. Options.

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
I think we should all go back to mimeographed character sheets, so each new campaign is opened by a deep, satisfying sniff.

HRSegovia

Explorer
I'm totally with you on this. That's the concept behind my freeform boxes as well. I'm just passing on the criticism I received and had to adjust for as well. I first and chief complaint I received was little room for gear. You have about the same amount of space allotted as I do and are attempting to include spells. You're sheet, however, functions perfectly till about level 10 (unless the Gm is terribly generous and does not track encumbrance).

Rune

Once A Fool
My thinking is that if a player's enjoyment is derived from micro-managing an equipment list, they're really not looking for a light-weight (that is, minimalist) character sheet, anyway. If so, well, there's always the back, I guess.

I'm blown away by the coolness of this sheet design... Now I want to try to combine some of the ideas here with my own hand drawn sheet style.

I love the central circle. LOVE IT.

HRSegovia

Explorer
My thinking is that if a player's enjoyment is derived from micro-managing an equipment list, they're really not looking for a light-weight (that is, minimalist) character sheet, anyway. If so, well, there's always the back, I guess.
You are absolutely correct, sir.

Rune

Once A Fool
I'm blown away by the coolness of this sheet design... Now I want to try to combine some of the ideas here with my own hand drawn sheet style.

I love the central circle. LOVE IT.

Awesome! And thanks! I'd love to see your version if you do make one.

Remove ads