Have you considered grants for the arts ?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
AFAIK top-level domains aren't enforced in such a fashion, so there's nothing to worry about.

Just to be clear - it's a lot more than the .com/.org status I was concerned about. It's the whole nonprofit "vibe" around here vs. the for-profit reality.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know what a "nonprofit vibe" is, or if such a thing can exist. I'm certainly clearly telling people what the score is in a very transparent way. Perhaps what you're referring to is a "community vibe", which certainly exists here.

But no, I have no plans to set up as a non-profit or to apply for any grants or the like. Those are contrary to my aims.

Thanks for the concern though; I don't share your worry, but it's nice to see that people care! :)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks for the concern though; I don't share your worry, but it's nice to see that people care! :)

Sorry about that - "vibe" probably came across too negatively and that wasn't my intention.

All I'm saying here, as someone with a background in nonprofit administration and fundraising, is that words and phrases like "appeal to support EN World" and asking for donations (combined with the dot ORG URL) imply to many people a nonprofit status. (If you don't believe me, see the OP in this thread. :) )In the future, you might want to avoid using words like that. B-)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry about that - "vibe" probably came across too negatively and that wasn't my intention.

All I'm saying here, as someone with a background in nonprofit administration and fundraising, is that words and phrases like "appeal to support EN World" and asking for donations (combined with the dot ORG URL) imply to many people a nonprofit status. (If you don't believe me, see the OP in this thread. :) )In the future, you might want to avoid using words like that. B-)

Well, bear in mind that in the past it was just to cover costs. It's only in the last three months I've decided to change that completely. The words were appropriate back then, I feel.

Now we have "subscriptions" instead of "donations".

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Well, bear in mind that in the past it was just to cover costs. It's only in the last three months I've decided to change that completely. The words were appropriate back then, I feel.

Now we have "subscriptions" instead of "donations".

Very cool - you obviously are seriously thinking about these things and taking them into account, which was why I brought it up in the first place. B-)

Remove ads