Haven's Siege

tiornys

Explorer
After Lord Baltimore finishes his introduction, Vi'kandrix steps forward and bows in the Eladrin style. Greetings, Lieutenant Madison. I am Vi'kandrix Feyborn. I come to you from the Eladrin of Sif, although I am not an official representative. Our High Sages have foreseen a...calling, as if for assistance, centered upon this keep. I am here to offer my assistance.

Vi'kandrix straightens, and adds, I am an experienced scout and have extensive knowledge of the forests and hills. As for combat, he gestures to the spear strapped across his back, I have the blessings of Corellon and Sehanine upon my spear.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Tactic Room =-=-=-

Madison look a moment at the Hobgoblin. "One would think the empire would have been corrupted by Bane to have chosen one of your kind. Or someone else could have think they were desperate to choose an old slave." The man stay silent a moment before continuing his idea. "I would rather think they have been wise. No one is more able to travel through the control land between the deserts of the Empire and the valley of Haven than a goblinoid. And if you are standing in front of me, it is because you have been able to talk your way to me, which is not a small feat, with all the hatred people have against Bane's follower. Welcome to Thane's Hold, but don't expect everyone to be as welcoming than me."

He then walk up to the Shifter. "The Eladrin have sent you? There Seers pretend to be wise but when it is time to tell what they have seen, they are so blurry in there ideas that there words are generally of no use. But either I am right or wrong, I won't decline any help in support of the Hold. Welcome aboard."

Madison turn and look at the dwarf. "So, what your story, dwarf?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I will expect nothing, Lord Baltimore thinks to himself.

Lord Baltimore is a diplomat, however, and maintains a diplomatic silence.

Redclaw

First Post
Kolvram looks around the room, wondering why their host was being so insulting to those who had arrived to assist the defense efforts. Squaring his shoulders, he turns his attention to the Lieutenant. I am Kolvram, he begins, leaving out his clan name as he had sworn to do when joining the order. I am a simple servant of Moradin, although one with a strong desire to find and eradicate His enemies. To that end, I have been shown a brief map of my destiny, and its next step is here at the Hold, helping to hold back the orcs. He exudes quiet confidence as he speaks of divine guidance. Whatever my axe and the gifts Moradin has given me can do to keep the raiders from the innocent, I will gladly take on.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Context]
Stonebear took his time in awakening- he knew this place was safe, and it had been a long, long time since he had had such leisure. His voice was very deep, and even a whispered thanks to the departing dwarf had a practically seismic undertone.

He looked slowly around the room, as much as he could without sitting up- he took in the sight of each of the other occupants, and of his own gear, stacked beside the bed with typical dwarven neatness and efficiency. Then, moving very slowly and carefully, he eased himself out of the bed and down, so that he was lying on the cool stones of the floor. He sighed deeply, obviously far more comfortable. Without looking at the others, he spoke- his voice was loud enough to be heard, but not shouting, and so deep that it could practically be felt as well as heard. "You are not dwarves. How have you come to this place, and to become assistants to the dwarves? Since I must rest for a time, perhaps you might tell me a story of your journeys..."

Akora stands, pulling back the hood that has been casting shadows, revealing ice blue eyes and long, white blonde hair.
Mistress Akora.”
she says, her full lips pulling into a smile.
“I assume you are the sage, Pernicious? It is a pleasure to meet you. “
Moving quickly to the goliath on the floor, Ordon appears by her. His hands silently guiding hers as she checks the dressing on the giant one’s leg.
“Would you be so kind as to pass me the wrapping there, good wizard?”
she asks, her eyes indicating to the bench.
“I am AltheaKalvinOrdonRelusAzyth…but you can call me Akora.”
As she introduces herself, Ordon moves to the dwarf and begins tending to him.
“As for my story, great one, I’m afraid I am unable to tell you much. My guides seem to all have their individual reasons for not sharing my past. Some out of silence, some out of mischief. I can, however, tell you that the dwarves here found me just after my reincarnation a few weeks ago and took me in. It’s been a slow and painful process but I have been learning a little of myself. In return I offered to help the clerics with skills I seem to have.”
Finishing with the bandaging, she rises, unsteadily on her long legs. Giggling, then starting at the sound, she turns,
“Please excuse me. Some things are harder to get used to than others.”

[/sblock]

A spectral hand floats the cloth strip over to Akora, as Pernicious takes a seat on the floor. After hearing Akora finish her story, the Eladrin turns to address the Goliath in turn. Pernicious, Pernicious On'Eiric. Sage when I'm lazy, Wizard when I'm not. I don't truly plan to be here long, I have a prophecy to attend. Now if you two could point me toward the exit, as I doubt the infirmary will contain the "Key to Her Leash"... Glancing back at Akora, he flips down his hood, and may I say that is a dashing cape Mistress Akora... the wizard glances at the Deva's waist, Do you always pack heavy metal? I'm unarmed, it's a nice sentence in civilized areas. Pernicious raises his open palmed hands, and wiggles his fingers, sparks travel up and down the digits.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Tactic Room =-=-=-
"Destiny? Another prophecy... Get to rest all of you. Tomorrow, I'll evaluate your skills. As Pendrake is on mission, I'll have the responsibility to assign each of you to a proper post in the Hold. Go to the main hall, I'll have someone send to you to show your room for the night. Dismiss."

-=-=-= Chapel =-=-=-

An elf enter the room. Stonebear recognize the scout came to his help. He walk up to Akora. "I've word from Madison for you." tells the elf. Velant is one of the rare person in the Hold who call the Lieutenant by his name and not his rank. It is known that the Lieutenant have been in the same unit than Velant. There must have been story untold that have create bound of friendship between those two. "He asks you to welcome the three new comers. Until they have been assigned there position, you can install them in the second cohort barrack. They have left to take the orcs and shouldn't be back before tomorrow night if they find them quickly. By then, we should be fixed about there assignment." The elf then turn toward Stonebear. "You too, you'll be assign to a post tomorrow if you want to stay in the Hold. Everyone here need to put his hand to work, or this Hold would have fallen long time ago."

tiornys

Explorer
Vi'kandrix nods. Very well. Good evening to you, Lieutenant. He turns, glancing at Kolvram and Lord Baltimore as he does so. To the main hall, then, gentlemen? he says as he moves quietly to the door.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As he removes his hat, Lord Baltimore makes a low, florid bow. The hat pressed to his chest, the monster's wrist forms three quick circles, each lower than the other, each getting slightly larger, as he bends at the waist, low, but keeping his chin up.

Lord Baltimore smiles and acknowledges Vi'kandrix's offer. "Yes. The main hall. Gentlemen?" As he leaves, Lore Baltimore is thinking of the dwarf, thinking of his commission, thinking of the future, and thinking of the bottle of mead he removed from the table during the welcoming dinner and hid behind the curtain.

Redclaw

First Post
Kolvram shrugs, knowing that whatever this lieutenant might have in mind for him, Moradin's will would take precedence. He follows the others toward the main hall, focusing his thoughts inward. It had been many years since he had been in the company of anyone not sworn to Moradin's service. He would have to remember that their priorities would likely be somewhat different from his own.

CaBaNa

First Post
What did the elf say, work Pernicious says the last word as if it's infectious, I don't do the W word... I'm a scholar, no lifting, shifting, straightening, or gifting. Er... you could pay me to rebuild broken things, or prepare a corpse for the clerisy, however I don't W word. his tirade finished the flustered wizard stands.
stay on task... rustles an agitated Socrates.
Pernicious address' the room at large, Does the Thane have a thieves guild by any chance?

Remove ads