D&D 4E Healing from Negatives - is it really that good in 4e ?

DracoSuave

First Post
The leader Words are minor actions. The correct course in this scenario is to heal both of the other guys, and then use your standard action to attack.

No, you can't.

As far as I know, all the leader words have a restriction stating that you can only use them once per round.

I only checked Runepriest, Cleric, Ardent, and Warlord tho, and I'm too lazy to check the rest. But I'm almost certain Bard, Shaman, and Artificer are the same.

Squizzle

First Post
No, you can't.

As far as I know, all the leader words have a restriction stating that you can only use them once per round.

I only checked Runepriest, Cleric, Ardent, and Warlord tho, and I'm too lazy to check the rest. But I'm almost certain Bard, Shaman, and Artificer are the same.

Whoops! Entirely correct. The minor action to heal, and standard action attack power that grants healing or THP.

DracoSuave

First Post
Whoops! Entirely correct. The minor action to heal, and standard action attack power that grants healing or THP.

THP won't get the downed guy out of dying.

But otherwise, this isn't a bad idea, if you're reasonable assured of hitting.

But, not all leader classes can do this.

And, the hypothetical situation is 2 words is your only heals left.

Herschel

Adventurer
If I'm playing a leader and can train in Heal, I take Healer's Mercy or whatever the name of teh second-level utility power is. That way when you run in to a situation like this you have heals that you can use both in a round so long as one guy's down.

Witing to heal until someone is negative for the 'extra' HP is generally suicidal. That's about the time I have the Brute charge the leader even taking opportunity attacks and drop him too.

Remove ads